Chocolate lovers this easy Aquafaba chocolate mousse recipe is for you !
Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse : recycle your chickpea brine
There no other words for this Aquafaba chocolate mousse than incredible. The texture is the silkiest, creamiest with the most intense pure chocolate flavor. As this is not awesome enough, this chocolate mousse is HEALTHY ! The most incredible part of this recipe is the magic ingredient that makes this chocolate mousse egg free! Yep! you read me well there no egg in their. The fluffy mousse is made of whipped chickpea brine. It mind blowing I know and it is now part of my favorite clean eating recipes on the blog.
But look at my little Aquafaba chocolate mousse recipe video below if you want to see how a simple chickpea brine turns into ‘fake’ fluffy egg whites in a sec! Amazing right! I saw this many times, it was time to try if this works. It clearly passed the test. I did the recipe MANY times using any kind of chocolate, even sugar free chocolate sweetened with stevia. Any recipe works.
So now you know what you have to do! Keep any chickpea brine – also known as aquafaba – and bring chocolate mousse to the table every day. Well, maybe not everyday but this aquafaba liquid can be used in any cakes calling for fluffy egg white. To me, this is one te best egg replacement I tested. It is tasteless, no bean flavor at all, it is cheap and it works anytime. And, if you don’t have chickpea brine on hands and you are now craving for a vegan chocolate mousse try my avocado chocolate mousse recipe instead !
WATCH THE AQUAFABA CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE VIDEO AND MAKE IT NOW
Enjoy the lovely vegan chocolate mousse.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 2/3 cup chickpea brine
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate, stevia sweetened ,melted
- Filter the chickpea brine from a 400 g can (14 oz) of chickpea. You should get 2/3 cup of liquid from the can. It does not have to be precise +/- 2 tablespoon is fine.
- Place the chickpea brine into a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer whisk on high speed until a stiff peak forms. Proceed as if it was egg white.
- In another bowl, add the chocolate chunks. Place this bowl on top of a larger bowl filled with boiling water and melt your chocolate by stirring the chocolate slowly. When fully melted, remove the bowl from the bowl of boiling water. Set aside.
- Stir in the fluffy chickpea mixture into the melted chocolate, adding the fluffy mixture 1/3 cup at a time. Stir until fully combine and no white bites appears.
- Fill glasses with the chocolate mousse and refrigerate one hour.
- Enjoy with extra grated chocolate, fresh berries, nuts or coconut.