Say hi to those gluten free cauliflower fritters !!! NOM NOM !
I love fritters but those paleo cauliflower fritters are the best ! A simple, crispy clean food recipe perfect as a meal on its own or to fill burger buns.
Paleo Cauliflower fritters -gluten free + low carb too
I am almost 25 weeks pregnant and I feel tired at the end of a day. Still, I do my best to prepare simple, delicious dinner using fresh vegetables for my family. I love healthy cauliflower recipes. I shared so many on my blog – the first were the cauliflower pizza crust and cauliflower tots that I keep making very often.
I did those cauliflower fritters in less than 10 minutes last night. It is a bit longer to fry than regular fritters but it is such a delicious and healthy dinner for busy nights. I love cauliflower because it is a low carb vegetable and it is loaded with fiber too. I simply makes those cauliflower fritters using 4 ingredients: grated cauliflower, eggs, fresh herbs and gluten free breadcrumb from Bakeworks. I hear you, breadcrumb is not paleo! I know ! But I tested the recipe with almond meal as well and it works!
You must fry them for at least 5 minutes on one side before flipping over for 3 more minutes on the over sides. The batter was big so I fry them all, store the leftover in a plastic box in the fridge and rewarm in a frying pan – without oil this time – the next day. I really enjoyed eating those cauliflower fritters topped with mashed avocado and tomatoes as a light dinner. But it is also a great cauliflower appetizer served between lettuce leaves with a drizzle of sriracha sauce and aoili.
You also use them as a vegetarian filling for your sandwich – I made cauliflower vegetarian sliders with halloumi and cranberries with them too – and bring them to your office – simply microwave them for few minutes and eat them with raw veggie in a wrap or slider bun. I hope you will enjoy this new simple recipe and if you give it a try drop a comment! I love hearing from you.
Gluten Free Cauliflower fritters
- Cut the cauliflower florets of one small cauliflower head.
- Place the florets into a food processor with the S blade attachment.
- Process until it forms a thin cauliflower rice.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups of packed grated cauliflower and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, gluten free breadcrumbs, fresh herbs, salt and chili flakes if you like.
- Combine with a spatula until it forms a fritter batter that hold together.
- Use your hands to shape small fritters - you should makes about 16 medium fritters with this recipe. The smaller and thinner they are the faster it will fry. Make sure you squeeze the batter very well into your hands to first form a ball.
- Place the cauliflower ball onto a plate covered with parchment paper and flatten with your hand - about half cm thick, 5 cm diameter.
- In a frying pan, under medium heat, warm the vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot add the cauliflower fritters and cook for at least 3-5 minutes on one side before flipping them on the other side.
- Fry 3 more minutes on the other sides and remove them from the pan when perfectly fried.
- Cool down on a plate covered with absorbent paper to remove the excess of oil.
- Repeat until all the fritters are cooked. You may have to adjust the oil level for the following fritter adding 1-2 tablespoons of extra vegetable oil.
- Serve hot with mashed avocado on top or as a vegetarian burger patty.
Nutrition panel is for one gluten free cauliflower fritter using gluten free breadcrumb. This recipe makes 16 cauliflower fritters.
Nutrition panel for one paleo cauliflower fritter using almond meal. This recipe makes 16 cauliflower fritters.