Cauliflower hummus paleo you said? Yes! but also vegan, low carb, gluten free or the perfect creamy cold dip for everyone !
This cauliflower hummus is a delicious smooth, creamy cold dip for your next party platter. It makes a perfect cold dip for raw veggie, nachos or to simply spread into sandwiches. Cooking light and enjoying clean eating recipes have never been so easy ! This dip is ready in less than 20 minutes and you won’t miss the chickpeas!
Cauliflower Hummus Paleo Hummus recipe
My family is obssessed with hummus. Really! Did you see that fun movie ‘don’t mess with the Zohan’ where people dip anything into hummus ? Well, that is us. I think it is getting worst since my husband turn vegan. He swear by my simple hummus recipe with walnuts oil. I agree, that is a killer recipe. Each week, I am trying to surprise my family with a new hummus flavor. They loves my pesto chilli hummus but today, I wanted to surprise them A LOT with a chickpea free hummus : a cauliflower hummus paleo recipe. Cauliflower is an amazing substitute for chickpeas in hummus. Really! who would have thought ?! It makes the creamiest hummus ever and this is all you need to make a creamy cauliflower hummus :
- Cauliflower florets – steamed in the microwave or a steamer
- Tahini paste – I love tahini in hummus as it makes a very smooth creamy dip. If you don’t like the flavor of tahini, you can use Greek Yogurt as a low carb substitute if you don’t like it. Note that using yogurt makes this cauliflower hummus lighter and fluffy.
- Extra virgin olive oil – any vegetable oil will work but olive oil hads healthy fat and a delicious flavor to this cauliflower dip
- Lemon juice
- Smoked paprika to serve – or paprika but really, smoked paprika brings this dip to the next level!
Cauliflower hummus paleo : no chickpeas at all!
What I love the most about cauliflower hummus is the fresh taste. Dont get confused! It is super thick, smooth and creamy. But there is that delicious fresh vegetable taste that makes all the difference with chickpeas.
And little confession here, this is way easier to digest too,if you see what I mean hahha So give it a try, dip any veggie, chips or spread this into sandwiches. You won’t regret it !
Watch the cauliflower hummus recipe video and make it now !
Cauliflower hummus Paleo + Low Carb + Vegan
To steam the cauliflower
- 14 oz cauliflower, broken into florets about half cauliflower head
- 1/4 cup water
Make the Cauliflower Hummus
- 1 tablespoon extra olive oil
- Place the broken cauliflower florets in a small glass bowl. Add water. Cover with a plate or microwave proof lid.
- Microwave 10-15 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Remove from the microwave, uncover and cool down 5 minutes - until all the steam has been evaporated.
- Place the soft cauliflower florets into a food processor with the S blade attachment.
- Add the tahini, olive oil, salt, garlic cloves and lemon juice.
- Process on high speed for 1 minutes or until it forms a very smooth and creamy white hummus.
- Transfer into dip serving bowl and use a spoon to create swirls on top.
- Drizzle extra olive oil and add a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
This recipe makes 8 servings. Nutrition panel is for 1 serve.