Low Carb Coconut flour Muffins with almond meal and only 4.3 net carb per serve. Those delicious mini muffins are fluffy, moist and slightly sweet, 100% sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and paleo approved.
Coconut Flour Muffins – A Paleo, Low Carb and Gluten-Free Recipe
These Coconut Flour Muffins are really easy to make and it took only 15 minutes to prepare. Since I did the Coconut Flour Pie Crust I love the combination of Coconut Flour and Almond meal in baking. The good thing about using Almond flour/meal and Coconut Flour is that the recipe is Gluten-free and also low in carbs which makes this Coconut flour Muffins a diabetes-friendly muffin recipe as well. Since we both have diabetes, me and my mum, I became the queen at creating sugar free desserts recipes. My mum favorite recipe is the sugar free chocolate Popsicle recipe but I prefer low carb baking recipes; almond flour crepes for breakfast or a decadent sugar free coconut flour brownies.
But back to these lovely coconut flour muffins! They are using lots of other coconut ingredient like coconut oil and coconut milk which gave them a strong coconut flavor. I choose to sweetened the muffins with swerve – a blend of stevia and erythritol – it makes the recipe 100%sugar free. However, I tested the recipe with coconut sugar as well, and it is another option if you eat a bit more carbs. My kids prefer the coconut sugar recipe for example.
I also added – before baking- sliced almond and shredded coconut on the top of my mini coconut flour Muffins. The sliced almond and coconut roasted during baking which added an amazing taste and texture to this simple recipe. Those coconut flour muffins are lightly sweet, moist and makes the perfect fulfilling snack for anyone.
I chose to make them in a baby muffin size this way my baby girl can enjoy them with her small hands. I also found the texture better in this mini size, it is fluffy, moist and bake way faster than the regular muffin size.
Almond Coconut Muffins – An easy recipe to make with your toddler
Coconut Flour Muffins - Low Carb
- Preheat the oven at 200 C.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients: almond meal, coconut flour, sweetener and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, melted coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry until it comes together and forms a consistent muffin batter.
- Pour onto baby mini muffin tray holes - you can use paper cups. or simply greased the muffins holes with coconut oil, as you like.
- Decorate the top with a sprinkle of sliced almonds and shredded coconut.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool down on a rack and store up to a week in a muffin jar.
Nurition panel is for one mini muffin including toppings and using sugar free crystal sweetener.