Dark chocolate peanut butter spread – 5 ingredients recipe
Who doesn’t have an addiction for chocolate and peanut butter? Really! This is a killer combo. I used to make flourless chocolate peanut butter cookies almost one time a month. The kids loves it. But I like to change my routine and as I recently started to make all our peanut butter spread from scratch I played with the flavors. Here is my new addiction : a smooth dark chocolate peanut butter spread.
All you need to make this lovely chocolate peanut butter spread is 5 ingredients, a food processor and 5 minutes !
- Unsalted peanut butter – use my 5-minutes homemade unsalted peanut butter recipe or choose a good qulaity peanut butter from the store with no added salt or sugar
- Dark chocolate – I am using 100% sugar free chocolate chips but any dark chocolate with more than 70% cocoa will be an healthy option
- Coconut oil – I love coconut oil because it is solid at room temperature and thicken the dark chocolate peanut butter slightly. If you are not a fan of coconut flavors use unrefined coconut flour it has no coconut flavor but still had texture to the spread
- Salt – optional but I love that extra pinch of salt that perfectly balance the sweet chocolate flavor
- Vanilla extract – optional too but really it is a flavorsome addition !
Chocolate peanut butter – smooth, sweet and low carb !
The texture is slightly runnier than natural peanut butter – I am adding some melted dark chocolate in the mixture. But if you like a thicker texture simply place the jar in the fridge. It gets thicker and it still easy to spread. The other flavored peanut butter I recently created is a cinnamon peanut butter with raisins. Both are absolutely AMAZING ! We especially love to eat this dark chocolate peanut butter spread in my low carb coconut flour crepes.
Watch the recipe video and make your own chocolate peanut butter now
Dark chocolate peanut butter spread is an healthy ingredients low carb breakfast spread. 100% Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, keto and clean eating approved.
In a large mixing bowl, or in the bowl of your food processor - if you just made my homemade natural peanut butter recipe, combine the homemade unsalted peanut butter, melted chocolate, melted coconut oil, salt and vanilla.
Process or stir to combine all the ingredients together until smooth and shiny. It should not take more than 30 seconds.
Transfer into a glass jar and store up to 3 months in the pantry.
Can be eaten on toast, fruits, or low cab coconut flour crepes.
Dark chocolate: I am using 100% sugar free chocolate chips but feel free to use any other dark chocolate of your choice if you are not on a low carb/keto/sugar free diet. I recommend a dark chocolate >70% cocoa for an helthy alternative.
Nutrition panel is for 1 serve. This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate peanut butter spread, 30 servings.