Low carb milkshake – Sugar free almond milk shake
Low carb Chocolate Peanut milkshake I LOVE you ! You know I have been sugar free for 5 years now right? Well, I had few break, I won’t lie to you ! I tried few dried fruits sweetened dessert but it doesn’t work for my body. Even the most natural options like dates, banana trigger sweet cravings and I enter in a loop of overeating sugar again ! I have been a sugar addict, a pre diabetic and I can’t have anything else than sugar free sweetener anymore. So this is my low carb milkshake, a delicious creamy frosty chocolate shake made of few simple ingredients.
Simple 7 ingredients protein shake
All you need to make this delicious low carb chocolate shake are few natural ingredients.
- Peanut butter – you can use any nut butter you like. I made this low carb milkshake many times, others options that I love are cashew butter, coconut butter or almond butter.
- Unsweetened almond milk – or unsweetened vanilla almond milk for a hint vanilla flavor. I am using Almond breeze my favorite low carb sugar free almond milk brand for 5 years now.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – or you can use already stevia sweetened coca powder for a sweeter sugar free milkshake
- Chia seed – I won’t avoid them, they thicken the milkshake and adds protein
- Coconut yogurt – I used full fall dairy free coconut yogurt. Other options are full fat Greek Yogurt or canned coconut cream.
- Sugar free crystal sweetener – I love to use Monk fruit crystal sweetener but you can also replace this by 1-2 drops of liquid stevia
- Ice cubes
Snack or breakfast
Honestly, I am having this Chocolate Peanut butter milkshake anytime of the day. I love it for breakfast after a run to reload my body with protein – 9 g per milkshake – and it is refreshing. It is also a delicious treat in the afternoon during summer or a great dessert alternative to my chia seed chocolate peanut butter pudding.
Enjoy the low carb milkshake recipe.
Watch the Low carb milkshake recipe video and make yours now !
Low carb milkshake
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seed
- 1/4 cup full fat yogurt or dairy free full fat coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Sugar free Crystal Sweetner - Monk Fruit or 1-2 drops stevia liquid
- 3/4 -1 cup ice cubes adjust regarding taste
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth and frosty. I always starts with 3/4 cup ice cubes blend and adjust regarding how frosty I want my milkshake. For a really frosty one, add the extra 1/4 cup/
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of melted sugar free chocolate, peanut butter, a dollop of yogurt and chopped peanuts.
This recipe serve 1 low carb milkshake. Nutrition panel is for 1 milkshake.
This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze Made from the best California Almonds and I received a compensation to develop this recipe but note that I only recommend product I love and trust on this blog. Thank you.