Low carb mug brownie for two, NO microwave needed! An healthy keto fudgy brownie with NO egg. Easy, gooey gluten free chocolate peanut butter treat for Valentines day.
Valentines day is just around the corner and as you now I eat low carb sugar free but my partner is vegan, it means he won’t eat eggs or dairy. That is how I came up with this easy low carb recipe, a vegan keto mug brownie.
It is a very easy recipe requesting only few basic ingredients, but trust me, this is the most fudgy gooey low carb brownie you will eat. All you need to make this delicious keto mug brownie for two are:
- Almond meal or almond flour both works
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sugar free crystal sweetener – I used Monk fruit golden crystal. You can also use Erythritol if you like or white Monk fruit crystal. All of them have no carbs, 100 % sugar free
- Peanut butter – I am using natural peanut butter made of 100 % peanuts, no added oil, no added salt or sugar. This is very crucial to keep the recipe sugar free.
- Unsweetened almond milk – or any dairy free milk you like, unsweetened coconut milk is a great option too
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
No microwave baking
I know, I called this recipe a ‘mug brownie’ and now I tell you you don’t need a microwave, confused? Well, this is a recipe that can be baked in the microwave, usually 90 seconds per mug brownie is enough. I don’t like baking my food in the microwave so I recommend you use 2 small oven-proof ramekins and bake both ramekins at the same time for 12 minutes at 180C (375F) in the oven.
Watch the low carb mug brownie recipe video and make them now !
Enjoy the lovely low carb mug brownie and have a lovely Valentines day !
Low carb mug brownie for two, NO microwave needed! An healthy keto fudgy brownie with NO egg. Easy, gooey gluten free chocolate peanut butter treat for Valentines day. #ketobrownies #lowcarbrecipes #ketorecipes #glutenfreebrownies #brownies #mugbrownies #noegg #vegan
- 1/4 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar free crystal sweetener
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk - lukewarm, microwave 30 sec
- 2 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips - optional
Preheat oven to 180C (375F). See microwave baking note if needed.
Grease two oven proof ramekin with coconut oil or vegetable oil of your choice Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond meal, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar free crystal sweetener, baking powder.
Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract - don't stir yet - set the bowl aside.
Warm the unsweetened almond milk under the stove for 30 seconds (or microwave 30 seconds) if preferred. You want the milk to be lukewarm, think bath temperature. Remove from heat and pour over the previous mixture.
Stir to combine. The warm almond milk will help incorporating the peanut butter into the batter.
Stir in sugar free chocolate chips.
Don't cook ahead in the microwave, cook just before serving.
Split the batter evenly into 2 oven proof ramekin.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cool down 10 minutes, serve lukewarm with a dollop of unsweetened dairy free coconut yogurt or heavy whipped coconut cream. You can also serve this recipe at room temperature if preferred and bake this the day before.
Serve in the ramekin for a beautiful presentation.
Microwave option: if you like to cook with your microwave you can simply cook this mug brownie, one at a time, for 90 seconds in your microwave. Note that this won't store very well, you will have to serve the brownie straight away, simply cool down 2-3 minutes to avoid burning yourself but don't bake in your microwave hours before serving. Microwave baking dry brownies and it doesn't store well.
Peanut butter swap: you can replace peanut butter by sunflower seed butter, tahini or almond butter
Nutrition panel is for one mug brownie, the recipe serve two mug brownies, includes sugar free chocolate chips. Net carbs per serve 6.9g.