Who want a piece of this quick & healthy Oatmeal Banana Bread ?
I told you I was craving for banana lately – pregnancy craving or simple sweet craving I don’t know! But honestly I don’t mind eating a bit too much banana. I don’t count calories I only focus on nutrient and this oatmeal banana bread is definitely the healthiest banana bread on earth! Seriously, I mean it! I choose to used only high fiber dry ingredients like wholegrain oatmeal, flax seed and wholewheat. Also, I made this oatmeal banana bread free of eggs. I love eggs but I also love to experiment vegan baking recipes and banana are wonderful egg replacement in baking recipes.
OH and did I tell you that this oatmeal banana bread batter is ready in 3 minutes in a food processor ? YEAH! You know how much I love quick & easy healthy recipes that I can make ahead for my family breakfast don’t you? And really, for this oatmeal banana bread recipe I spend barely 15 minutes to prepare the whole banana bread ! An incredibly quick and easy banana bread recipe. Well, you still need 40-55 minutes of baking but if you make this ahead at night it can bake while you watch a movie and then simply let the bread cool down overnight on a cookie rack. First, your house will smell delicious when you wake up! YUM! And then, what is better than fresh baked banana bread for breakfast that you can even take away in your car while going to work! Yes, you can store this bread up to 5 days. Personally I pre-sliced my bred and wrapped each slices in plastic wrap that I keep in the pantry. So easy when you are on a rush in the morning, you just have to grab a slice to go!
I have been AMAZED but the texture of this egg-less banana bread. It was my first attempt to make a vegan oatmeal banana bread and I was a bit doubtful about the texture. But OMG! it is UNBELIEVABLE! A moist, thick and dense banana bread with a lovely light sweet taste – while not using refined sugar at all- you guys now that I never use the white stuff don’t you?
Instead of sugar, I used brown rice syrup in this recipe which is my favorite liquid sweetener because it is less sweet than maple syrup and contains only 50 % fructose – less addictive to my crazy sweet taste buds! That is why I said in the recipe box that if you want to use maple syrup instead of brown rice syrup simply minus 1/4 cup or it will be too sweet. Well, if you love super sweet banana bread go for 1 cup of maple syrup but I really think 3/4 cup is enough. SO believe me or not but I ate 3 slices of this oatmeal banana bread when shooting the photography.
YEP! it is WAY too much and I had to skip dinner as I ate this at 3.00 pm and it was SO fulfilling that I can’t handle dinner! I agree, it is probably not the best time of the day to indulge on banana bread but I MUST share this recipe with you – coz it is too good – and I can’t share it without yummy picture that encourage you guys to test the recipe! SO you see? it is a bit because of you that I overeat this oatmeal banana bread lol 🙂
If you wonder why this oatmeal bread is nut free – you know guys I am usually using lots of almond meal in my baking recipe – it is simply because Emma – my 3 years old girl- love banana bread and she wanted some for her lunchbox at preschool. As there is a nut free policy at school I had no choice to use wholewheat flour and oatmeal instead of nuts. However, if you don’t mind eating nuts I highly recommend to add 1/2 cup of walnuts or crushed raw almonds in the batter if you like.
So tell me, what would you add in this lovely oatmeal banana bread batter?
Oatmeal banana bread | Eggless banana bread
- 3 overripe banana medium size (7/8" long)
- 1 cup Brown Rice Syrup or 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 2 tbsp. Ground Flax Seed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Melted Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Optional toppings:
- 1 small banana sliced
- 2 tbsp: jumbo oats to sprinkle on top
- 2 tbsp. brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 C (375F).
- Prepare a rectangle loaf tin 23 cm x 13 cm (9" x 5") covered with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add all the banana bread ingredients into the bowl of a food processor with the S blade attachment. Starts with the dry ingredients first flour, oat, baking soda, cinnamon, ground flax seed then coconut oil, brown rice syrup, vanilla extract and whole ripe banana.
- Blend on low speed 30 seconds. Stop scrap down the sides with a spatula and repeat this process until you obtain a thick batter with no more lumps of banana.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Decorate the top with slices of fresh banana, brush the top of the banana bread with maple syrup and sprinkle some extra jumbo oat if you like.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until a chopstick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- You may need to protect the top of the bread with a piece of foil during the last 15 minutes of baking to avoid the banana slices to burn.
- Fully cool down in the loaf tin before transferring into a cooling rack.
- Store wrap into a towel to keep all the moisture of this banana bread or pres-slice the bread and store in the pantry wrap individually into plastic wrap.
- Store well up to 5 days in the pantry at room temperature.
Nutrition panel is for 1 slice. This banana bread makes 16 slices.