Those oatmeal breakfast cookies or clean oatmeal cookies are the best healthy grab-and-go breakfast to kick start your day with energy. Made with healthy wholegrain oats, coconut and a trio of super seeds you will simply fall in love with them!
Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies: healthy breakfast cookies
You know I love to share my healthy breakfast recipes on the blog. As a busy mummy I love grab and go oatmeal breakfast cookies. Such an easy way to fuel up on busy mornings. I made this recipe for my friend who just had a baby. It is a perfect lactation cookie recipe alternative to my usual recipe. Those oatmeal breakfast cookies are loaded with oat fibers and healthy fat from a trio of super seeds : chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seed. I am very proud to add this recipe into my clean food recipes on the blog today!
Those clean breakfast cookies doesn’t contains refined sugar and can be make gluten free using brown rice flour. If you tolerate gluten wholewheat flour is a high fibre and low cost option too. I hope you will enjoy this breakfast cookies recipe! Don’t hesitate to swap the cranberries for other toppings to create a variety of clean breakfast cookies. I also love to use sultan raisins, dried apricot or dark chocolate chips!
Watch the oatmeal breakfast cookies recipe and make them now !
Oatmeal breakfast cookie | Cranberries and coconut cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or wholewheat flour if not gluten free)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs or 2 flax egg if vegan
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup or any liquid sweetener
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil , melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Cover a cookie rack with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients : rolled and jumbo oats, desiccated and shredded coconut, flour, cranberries and seeds.
- Add eggs (or flax egg if vegan), brown rice syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Combine until it forms a sticky cookie batter that comes easily together to forms cookies. If the batter is too dry - it should not be - but you can add up to 6 tbsp cold water to make the batter comes together. Add them 1 tbsp at a time.
- Slightly oil your hands with coconut oil and shape cookie balls.
- Place each balls on the cookie rack leaving a thumb space between each cookie. You should be able to make 8 large cookies.
- Press the cookies slightly with your hand palm to flatten.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Cool down on a rack and store in a cookie box in your pantry for up to 1 week.
- Can be make ahead and enjoyed during the week as a grab and go breakfast cookie.