Simple Avocado Dip – Low carb + Vegan
These last few weeks I shared lots of baking recipe so today it is time to share something savory and healthy. This simple avocado dip is my best friend at snack time or to serve as a quick easy appetizer. You know how much I love to create healthy and easy appetizers recipe, right ? Well, this simple avocado dip is part of my favorite dip recipes. It is creamy, low carb and dairy free – yep, no yogurt here!Everyone can make this simple avocado dip in less than 10 minutes in a food processor. And if you love skinny and simple avocado dip recipe have also a look at my cold spinach avocado dip – a very similar dairy free dip recipe that add some greens to your plate without the carbs or calories.
You can eat this simple avocado dip straight away after you made it but I highly recoomend to leave it an hour in the fridge. OMG! the flavor will blend, the tahini paste will firm up and it ends up in the BEST avocado dip on earth! What I love about this dip is the highly creamy texture from tahini paste – note, I also made this recipe with sunflower seed butter and cashew butter they are good too – and olive oil while being dairy free. I used this simple avocado dip recipe at snack time to fix a craving or as a delicious holiday appetizer to dip my spinach balls recipe or chips.
This week end I also served this avocado dip to my friends as an healthy appetizer with some unsalted corn chips and cucumbers sticks to dip into it. You see, it is not only a holiday dip it is an everyday healthy dip good for any occasion. It has a huge success so I couldn’t keep this simple recipe for myself. Time to share this easy avocado dip with you. Yes, I am always testing the blog recipes few times before sharing them to make sure it works well. So do not wait for making this avocado dip – specially if you are from New Zealand because right now I bought those avocado $0.50 each! What an healthy low cost family snack.
Watch this Simple Avocado Dip Recipe Video and make it now !
Simple Avocado Dip
- 2 ripe avocado about 1 cup avocado flesh
- 1/4 cup tahini - or nut butter like sunflower butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice - juice 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 garlic clove pureed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoons to drizzle on top
- 1/8 teaspoon Chili flakes - optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor with the S blade attachment, add all the ingredient in this order avocado, tahini, chopped cilantro, lemon juice, crushed garlic, olive oil ,chili flakes and salt.
- Process on medium speed until the dip is smooth and no more lumps of avocado appears. You may have to stop the food processor every 30 seconds, scrap down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and repeat until smooth.
- Transfer the dip into a large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend. Drizzle one tablespoon on top of your dip before serving.
- Dip in the tortilla chips or raw vegetables sticks like cucumbers, carrots.
Nutrition panel is for one serve. This dip serve about 12 portions.