If you are looking for healthy lunch ideas those Spinach Quinoa Vegetarian Patty will quickly become one of your favourite vegetarian meals. You can eat them in many different ways. It makes amazing salads toppings or lovely vegetarian patties to make some fulfilling vegetarian burgers. I also keep this recipe for those days when I am looking for creative kids lunchboxes ideas. My girl love them cold or simply rewarm few minutes in the microwave.
Soooo what do you need to make this Spinach and Quinoa patties recipes ? Only 5 ingredients – or 6 ingredients if you choose to add some cheese which is optional if you are on a dairy free diet. I usually make those vegetarian patties with leftover of cooked quinoa. It is a nice recipe to use leftover of cooked supergrains. I also tried this recipe wih cooked amaranth or mix of quinoa and amaranth. All version are very crispy and delicious.
What’s your favorite way to use quinoa?
Enjoy this simple healthy recipe & have a wonderful day !
Spinach Quinoa Patties
- 3 cups cooked quinoa - white or red
- 2 small onion ,finely diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped spinach cooked and squeezed dry (you can use frozen spinach that you defrost before use or fresh spinach leaves, trimmed, cooked 2 minutes in boiling water)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Line a cooking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the cooked quinoa, finely diced onion, eggs, chopped spinach, grated cheese and breadcrumb.
- Combine until it easily form a dough. Divide the dough in small balls - think golf size balls.
- Place each balls on the cooking tray, flatten with your finger to form small patties.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Enjoy in a burger buns, as a side to salads or small appetizer bites. Delicious dipped in guacamole, tomato sauce or tzatziki.