Sugar free pumpkin pie recipe, an easy sugar free dessert for diabetic this Thanksgiving. A sugar free pumpkin filling with a buttery low carb coconut flour crust. 100% low carb+ keto + gluten free
Sugar free pumpkin pie – dairy free pumpkin filling
This is my first sugar free pumpkin pie recipe on the blog. This is a very easy pumpkin pie recipe with a delicious sugar free pumpkin filling and ginger coconut flour crust.
All you need to make this recipe are:
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin spice
- Sugar free flavored maple syrup – I love to use Monk fruit syrup it is low carb, keto friendly and sugar free
- Coconut cream or cream but I love to make my dessert sugar free. I recommend to use canned coconut cream with more than 92% of cream in the can
Coconut flour pie crust
I am using my coconut flour pie crust recipe for this recipe. It is an easy 4 ingredients recipe made in one bowl in your food processor. Make sure you pre bake the crust before adding the filling ! All you need to make the crust are:
- Coconut flour
- Melted coconut oil or butter if not dairy free
- Sugar free crystal sweetener , you can use erythritol, Monk fruit sugar or xylitol
I also really love the combination of pumpkin and coconut and if you are a coconut lover as I do this coconut pumpkin pie is just a bomb!
Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
- 1 coconut flour pie crust - use recipe on my blog
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree 425g (15 ounces)
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup Sugar free Crystal Sweetner - Monk Fruit or sugar free maple flavored syrup
- 1/4 cup canned coconut cream, full fat >91% coconut or heavy cream if not dairy free
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F (180 C)
- Prepare the coconut crust following my recipe here and add 2 teaspoon of ground ginger to make a ginger coconut flour crust.
- Pre bake the crust for 15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the pumpkin filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices, sugar free sweetener, coconut cream and salt.
- Pour the pumpkin filling mixture into the pre baked crust.
- Return the pie to the oven for 30 minutes at 375F (180C) or until the center is set and firm.
- Cool down at room temperature.
- Serve with extra dollop of coconut cream on top.
- Store up to 3 days in the fridge in a cake box or on a plate covered with plastic wrap to avoid the pie to dry out.
Nutrition panel is for one slice of pumpkin pie using coconut flour pie crust from my blog and sugar free liquid sweetener. The pie makes 8 servings of one slice.