Vegan black bean burgers patties: easy veggie burger recipe
I am very proud to add on my blog clean eating recipes collection more vegan recipes. In my house we loves burgers. We are having a burger each week for our burger night so finding a vegan burger patty solution to bring on the table was very needed. Black beans burgers patties could be very bland if you only mashed black beans and flour. My Vegan black bean burger patties are the tastiest ever, still simple to make, have a moist center, tons of delicious flavors and a meat-like texture that any meat lover will love.
By now, you know how I am obsessed about sneaking veggie into my recipe, right? So keep reading cause you’ll love that one! My black beans patties on their own contains four vegetable peas, corn, capsicum and sweet potatoes. The whole vegan black bean burgers adds 4 more vegetables with wild rocket, avocado, tomatoes and red onions. In another way those vegan black bean burgers patties are killers to reach your 5-a-days in one meal. Should I add that the buns are gluten free sprouted grains buns with X g of fibre? I know this is unreal for a burger. I recently discovered the new sprouted grains bread range from Home Street, totally in love with those.
I am not eating gluten free bread only if it really taste better than regular bread. Trust me, those sprouted buns from Home St. are heavenly delicious, even kids loves them. Apart from the healthy ingredients found inside, I love the dense texture, it hold well together while eating your burger. Does anyone has the same problem as me when eating burgers? It always ends up with a fork and bite and pieces everywhere. It won’t happens with that buns ! The buns are not vegan as they do contains eggs but they add up 10 g of protein to the whole burger. Love it!
So who is making those protein loaded Vegan black bean burgers this week end? Oh and YES, those patties froze super well see recipe note below. Enjoy.
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO AND MAKE THOSE BLACK BEAN BURGERS NOW !
Vegan black bean burgers patties
- 1/2 cup orange sweet potato ,mashed
- 1 1/2 cup black beans cooked, drained, rinsed (15 oz, 400 g)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 small brown onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup corn ,frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup green peas , frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup red capsicum , finely diced, about 1/4 small capsicum
Sweet Potato Mash
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C)
- Using a fork, pick holes all over a small orange sweet potato, place on a oven-proof baking dish . Add 1/2 cup water, cover with foil and bake for 40-60 minutes or until soft.
- Carefully remove from the oven using oven mitten, cut half and scoop out the flesh. Wait until it is fully cool down before using in the recipe. You can also prepare the mashed sweet potato few days before and store in the fridge.
Vegan Black Bean Burger Patties
- Using the S blade attachment of your food processor, process the mashed sweet potato with half of the black beans (about ¾ cup) to the food processor for about 15-30 second or until combined.
- Add rolled oats, brown rice flour, chopped brown onion, spices and process 30 s-1 min until combined.
- Transfer the burger mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the corn, peas and capsicum.
- Cover two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Split the batter in 6 ball of batter. Roll the black bean burger mixture in your hands to form ball.
- Repeat until all of the mixture is used, spacing each balls of batter of about 4 inches (10 cm). Press each balls to flatten as a patty - thickness of your choice, I love mine thin.
- Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 25-30 minutes. It is cooked when it is crispy on the sides.
- Remove from oven, and cool down few minutes on the baking sheet before serving in a burger bun of your choice.
Nutrition panel is for on vegan black bean burgers patty (without the bread or filling). The recipe makes 6 patties.