Vegan Pumpkin Bread that is moist, gluten free and easy? Yes there is no eggs, no refined sugar and only wholesome ingredients here.
You”ll love this Moist and Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe with flax meal, almond milk, coconut sugar and 100% gluten free. A delicious clean eating recipe for breakfast. Spice up your morning with this easy and healthy fall recipe! You won’t regret it.
Vegan Pumpkin Bread : an healthy gluten free pumpkin bread
Well, it is not fall in New Zealand but with Halloween coming up I am all into pumpkin recipes right now. I just made some homemade pumpkin puree for baby Luka, I could have freeze the leftover but I was craving some decadent sweet baking. So healthy pumpkin bread it is !
Last year I shared a delicious sugar free pumpkin cookie recipe. This year, as I want to eat more and more vegan recipes, I developed my own vegan pumpkin bread. I had lots of success in vegan baking lately; starting with those blueberry banana muffins. This bread is my next challenge and the result is absolutely amazing! I won’t lie to you, it takes a bit of time to cool down as it is a large bread. But you won’t regret it. What I love the most about this gluten free pumpkin bread is the blend of spices an moist texture. I added with sugar free chocolate chips – I bought some sweetened with stevia – and it blends absolutely well with the pumpkin spice flavor. It is a super easy one bowl recipe. All you have to do is mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and you just made the most beautiful gluten free pumpkin bread.
Plus, if you watch your sugar intake this vegan pumpkin bread contains only 13g of sugar per slice ! It is not much as most of it comes naturally from the pumpkin puree and it contains vegan dark chocolate chips ! Such a great treat.
So who’s making this vegan pumpkin bread recipe ?
Enjoy the recipe,
Watch the Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe video and make it now !
You may also like
Vegan Pumpkin Bread + gluten free
- 2 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 200 C (392F).
- Line a loaf pan ( 8 inches x 4 inches) with parchment paper. Slightly brush the paper with melted coconut oil - I used a teaspoon of melted coconut oil that I brushed all over the paper to make sure the bread don't stick to it.
- Prepare the flax eggs. I a small mixing bowl, whisk the flax meal with water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until it forms a gelatinous, stretchy texture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree, flax eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil. and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine brown rice flour, almond meal, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and chocolate chips.
- Gently pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until it forms a consistent batter.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan with the pumpkin bread batter.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes in the preheated oven. I recommend to cover the pan with a piece of foil after 25 minutes baking to prevent the top of the bread to burn.
- Remove from the oven cool down 20 minutes in the pan, then lift the parchment paper to remove the pumpkin bread from the pan.
- Fully cool down on a rack before slicing. It took me at least 3 hours to cool down as it is a thick bread.
- Store up to 5 days on a plate in the pantry. Cover the bread with a piece of foil to keep it moist.
Nutrition panel is for one slice of vegan pumpkin bread. This recipe makes 12 slices.