What’s better than a Vegetarian Pesto Sandwich for lunch? This green goddess sandwich made with homemade paleo cashew pesto, avocado, spinach, cucumber and zucchini is the best vegetarian sandwich ever.
Vegetarian Pesto Sandwich | Best Paleo Sandwich
This Paleo vegetarian pesto sandwich is made with two delicious slices of Sprouted Grain Sunflower paleo bread from Bakeworks. It is a lovely dense bread made with organic sprouted sunflower seeds and a special blend of paleo friendly flours – mainly low carb including coconut flour and almond meal.
Honestly, the taste of this paleo bread is absolutely amazing – you don’t have to be paleo to enjoy a slice. Plus, it is good for you loaded with fibre and sprouted grains that increase nutrient absorption. I choose to use this bread to create the best green vegetarian pesto sandwich ever! I love pesto in sandwiches, and while store-bought pesto spread are not paleo -it contains dairy – my homemade cashew Kale pesto recipe is 100% dairy free. It is a simple and delicious creamy pesto with no cheese. You probably have all the ingredients on hand to make a batch of this pesto. I love to use the leftover in zucchini pasta or on any salads. All you need is few healthy ingredients: basil, cashews, garlic, kale and olive oil. But back to this vegetarian pesto sandwich fillings.
I loaded my sandwich with 5 green vegetable. I spread the kale pesto on both bread slices then added avocado slices, baby spinach, thin zucchini ribbon, crunchy cos lettuce and that is it ! Well, I did add a drizzle of my coconut oil mayonnaise but that is very optional.
It is a delicious fresh vegetarian pesto sandwich. The bread contains eggs so it is a very fulfilling sandwich that contains all the proteins, fibre and healthy fat you need for your lunch.
If you are on a paleo diet and you miss bread, I highly recommend this vegetarian pesto sandwich with Bakeworks sprouted bread. And, yes the bread is gluten free too! Enjoy this simple paleo sandwich recipes.
Vegetarian Pesto Sandwich | Paleo Sandwich
- 6 slices Sprouted Paleo Gluten Free Bread
- 1/2 cup Paleo Cashew Pesto
- 1 avocado cored, peeled, cut in slices
- 1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 small zucchini ribbon peeled in ribbon with a vegetable peeler
- 6 small cos lettuce leaves
- 6 cucumber slices about 1/4 medium telegraph cucumber
- 3 teaspoon paleo mayonnaise
- Prepare 6 slices of paleo bread and generously spread the cashew pesto on one side of each bread slice. Set aside 3 of those bread slices - they will make the top of the sandwich.
- On the 3 other bread slices, add avocado slices, baby spinach leaves, zucchini ribbon and lettuce and cucumber slices. Drizzle paleo mayonnaise.
- Finish the sandwiches by adding the slice of bread you set aside earlier.
- Enjoy straight away or wrap in foil and enjoy the next day for lunch. Store in the fridge up to 24 hours.