Last week I shared with you a simple 4-ingredients cauliflower fritter recipe and I told you how much I love eating them in slider buns. Time to share with you my vegetarian sliders recipe!
Vegetarian Sliders: Cauliflower + Grilled Halloumi + Avocado
I believe that THE perfect sandwich should have a good balance of flavor, texture and temperature. I explain! When you bite into a sandwich it has to surprise you. You should feel crispiness, hot, cold, creamy, soft AND If you manage to add a combo of sweet and sour you just made the absolutely most magical sandwich – to me of course!
So what I love about my vegetarian sliders is that it gathers all those things in one slider. Let’s talk about this amazing combo of crispy cauliflower warm patties, topped by a soft melting grilled halloumi, comforting creamy mashed garlic avocado, crispy fresh green lettuce, tomatoes, fresh coriander AND a touch of cranberry chia seed jam. OMG! this is absolutely divine.
A great sandwich required the right bread
As always the choice of bread for a sandwich is the key and if you want to keep this whole vegetarian sliders healthy you must pick the best brand. I love my Bakeworks slider buns because it is made of nourishing flours, it is 100% gluten free so I can offer those sliders to any of friends intolerant to gluten too.
Vegetarian Sliders with Cauliflower fritters & Halloumi
- 6 cauliflower fritters - see recipe on the blog
- 6 slider buns - I used Bakeworks in NZ
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 to mato slices
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 avocado mashed
- 100 g halloumi
- 2 tbsp raspberry chia seed jam or any jam you like
- Prepare the cauliflower fritters following the recipe on the blog here :https://goo.gl/NEYRkq
- Set aside on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a frying pan, grill thin slices of halloumi - about 2 minutes on each sides until it is melting and grilled.
- Place two slices of grilled halloumi on top of each cauliflower fritters. Set aside.
- Using a bread knife cut the sliders halfway.
- Spread a thin layer of mashed avocado on the bottom slider slice.
- Add lettuce, tomato, crispy hot cauliflower fritters topped with halloumi, raspberry jam, fresh coriander and more mashed avocado.
- Close the sandwich adding the top slider part and enjoy !