Vegan white chocolate mousse anyone ?
Yep, this white chocolate mousse recipe without eggs, is also dairy free and sugar free ! That is a decadent dessert recipe perfect to indulge while keeping the ingredients simple and natural. A delicious combination of cashews, coconut cream, cocoa butter, coconut oil and vanilla that create the best thick and creamy white mousse perfect for cake filling, trifles or a simple dessert.
White Chocolate Mousse – Vegan + Sugar Free + Keto
I am all into sugar free desserts right now – especially chocolate mousse. I love my avocado chocolate mousse but I want to a white dessert to surprise my husband on Valentine’s day. My husband is vegan and I am not eating very much sugar – I love to keep my dessert low carb. So this white chocolate mousse is perfect for both of us.
I recently discovered a new sugar free liquid syrup – 100% natural made of Monk fruit sugar. It is absolutely AMAZING! I can use it as regular liquid sweetener in any recipes without adding sugar or carbs to the dessert. That is what I am using in this recipe but note, that any sugar free crystal sweetener will works too – like erythritol or swerve. Of course, you can substitute this by any liquid sweetener you like : brown rice syrup or blue agave will be my best healthy recommendation for those who eat a bit of natural sweet.
Dairy free chocolate mousse with cocoa butter
So now, you probably wonder if this white chocolate mousse taste like white chocolate – as there is NO chocolate in the recipe. Well ! YES. The secret to a delicious natural white chocolate mousse is cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is the main ingredient in good quality chocolate. The natural plant based fat that gives the chocolate flavor. I reckon, this is a bit expensive and you can’t find it everywhere. That is why I am giving you some option below to.
So to make this white chocolate mousse recipe without eggs you need:
- Cashew nuts – I used unroasted cashews pieces – pieces are cheaper and raw unroasted cashews have higher nutrient properties
- Coconut cream – if you are on a diet use light coconut cream it will work as well and reduce your calories and fat intake
- Cocoa butter – THE magic ingredient that really gives a white chocolate taste to this mousse. Alternative are regular grass-fed butter (if you are not vegan) or cashew butter. You won’t have the same chocolate flavor but the texture will be similar.
- Sugar-free maple flavored syrup – that is what I am using but any liquid sweetener will work like maple syrup, blue agave or brown rice syrup
- Vanilla extract
Watch the white chocolate mousse recipe video and make it now
This is a decadent nutrient-dense dessert. It means that yes, there is calories in there but if you want to indulge in a healthier way that the recipe you want. This mousse is very satisfying, you won’t overeat this dessert. I recommend to serve this recipe in 6 small ramekins.
Enjoy the recipe !
Easy White Chocolate Mousse - Keto + Vegan + Dairy free + Sugar free. Made of coconut cream, cashews and cocoa butter this is the best mousse for cake filling, trifles or a simple dessert.
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts , unroasted
- 1 cup coconut cream , canned, light or regular
- 3 tablespoon Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Natural Syrup (monk fruit) or maple syrup (if not sugar free)
- 0.8 oz raw cocoa butter , melted or butter (if not vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl place the cashew nuts, cover with cold water. Soak 4-6 hours (or overnight). Drain. Set aside in a bowl.
In a blender add the drained cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup (sugar free or regular), melted cocoa butter and vanilla extract.
Blend on high speed for about 1 minute, until it forms a thick cashew cream.
Pour into 6 small serving jar. Freeze 1 h/1h30 to thicken and obtain a creamy mousse. Serve immediately or transfer to the fridge. Store well in the fridge up to 3 days. Make sure you cover the top of each jar with plastic wrap to avoid the top of the mousse to dry out. Serve with fresh raspberries on top.
Cocoa butter: you can melt cocoa butter in a saucepan under low heat or in the microwave. It melts as fast as regular butter. If you can't find cocoa butter use cashew butter or grass-fed butter (if not vegan).
Nutrition panel per serve. This recipe serve 6 white chocolate mousse.