Paleo French toast – Almond Turmeric Cricket Bread
I see, now you wonder why I am sharing a Paleo French Toast recipe as I am not eating eggs anymore? Well, since I turned vegan I promised myself to keep this blog a place to inspire EVERYONE with an healthy lifestyle – whatever your diet. My kids are not eating vegan and they LOVE French Toast. Plus, I had a French Brunch this weekend and some of my friends eat paleo! So it was a great surprise to serve those Paleo French toast. I made my vegan blueberry stuffed french toast recipe for me and hubby. But back to this Paleo French Toast recipe. I was lucky to get my hands on the new Paleo Almond Turmeric Cricket Bread from Home St. I absolutely love its yellow color and the texture looks exactly like a regular bread – amazing for a grain free bread!
It made a perfect bread as a French toast base. It soak up the egg mixture pretty well and won’t break at all. This recipe is inspired by my mum classic french toast recipe. I simply swap regular milk by coconut milk and used coconut oil instead of butter. So all you need are few basics ingredients :
- Paleo Bread – I used Almond Turmeric Cricket Bread
- Coconut milk
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
If you are a paleo lover, you will LOVE this new bread from Home Street. It is not a regular Paleo Bread. It is a light, fluffy and moist almond paleo bread with a beautiful yellow color. It is called ‘Almond Turmeric Cricket Bread’. The first time I saw this bread I wasn’t sure I read well. Cricket? Is that real cricket flour in that bread? Yes, it is. An interesting way to boost your protein and keep full for longer.
I served those paleo french toast in two ways, on a plate or as stack with banana slices between each bread slice and strawberries on top.
Not the healthiest tips on earth : the Best French Toast Recipe soak in maple syrup, so don’t refrain too much 🙂 Healthy tips now: add some coconut flour on top to decorate, skip the icing sugar!
I hope you enjoyed this simple paleo french toast recipe. Have a lovely tim in the kitchen!
Paleo French Toast - Easy + Grain Free
- 1 banana sliced
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoon sugar free flavored maple syrup (or maple syrup if not sugar free) or honey
- Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, ground cinnamon, coconut sugar, vanilla essence.
- Heat a skillet or crepe pan under medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut for 4 bread slices. I cooked my french toast in two batch of 4 slices as the 8 bread slices won't fit my pan at once.
- Dunk each slice of paleo bread in the egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in the hot pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Depending on the bread you are using, you may have to add a bit more coconut oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon at a time and see how it goes.
- Serve hot with banana slices, fresh strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Nutrition panel is for 2 slice of french paleo bread (1 serving). This recipe serve 4 people.