Paleo French Toast
Paleo French Toasts are a fun, easy, and deliciously sweet breakfast recipe perfect for fixing your bread craving.
These Paleo toasts are made 100% gluten-free, grain-free, and keto-friendly bread.
If you love coconut flour, almond meal, and eggs, you will be amazed by this paleo toast recipe.
What Are Paleo Toasts?
Paleo Frensh Toasts are a simple breakfast recipe made with paleo ingredients.
They don’t include any highly-refined ingredients and make a healthy breakfast option.
How To Make Paleo Toasts
It made perfect bread as a French toast base. It soaks up the egg mixture pretty well and won’t break at all. This recipe is inspired by my mum’s classic french toast recipe.
I simply swap regular milk for coconut milk and used coconut oil instead of butter.
So all you need are a few basic ingredients:
- Paleo Bread – I used Almond Turmeric Cricket Bread, but you can use my keto bread loaf recipe if preferred.
- Coconut milk – opt for unsweetened coconut milk, or swap for your favorite low-carb milk alternative to reduce carbs.
- Vanilla – to bring the best taste.
- Granulated Sugar of Choice – if you are on a low-carb diet, opt for erythritol. Otherwise, you can pick coconut sugar or cane sugar.
- Coconut Oil – if you don’t like the taste of coconut, choose refined coconut oil.
Making Paleo Toast
Once you’ve picked your bread, prepare the paleo toast mixture.
Whisk together the eggs, plant-based milk, cinnamon, granulated sweetener, and vanilla until the mixture is pale yellow.
You don’t want large bits of egg yolks as it’ll give a stronger taste to parts of the paleo toasts.
Dunk each side of the bread slices into the mixture and place them on a hot crepe pan or skillet with a touch of coconut oil.
Let the bread darken on the first side for about one minute and flip it to cook the other side.
Serving Paleo Toasts
I served these paleo french toast in two ways, on a plate or as a stack with your favorite fresh fruits and spreads.
If you’re not on a low-carb diet, I recommend slices of banana, strawberries, and blueberries.
Add to the top a drizzle of maple syrup or sugar-free maple syrup and you have a delicious and healthy breakfast.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
If you like simple, healthy breakfast recipes, you’ll love these:
I hope you enjoyed this simple paleo french toast recipe. Have a lovely time in the kitchen!
Paleo French Toast
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- 8 slices Keto Bread Loaf Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Crystal Sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Banana sliced – don't add if you are on keto
- 6 Fresh Strawberries
- 3 tablespoon Sugar-Free Maple Syrup or honey
- Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, ground cinnamon, granulated sweetener of choice, and vanilla essence.
- Heat a skillet or crepe pan under medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil for 4 bread slices. I cooked my French toast in two batches of 4 slices as the 8 bread slices won't fit my pan at once.
- Dunk each slice of paleo bread in the egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in the hot pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Depending on the bread you are using, you may have to add a bit more coconut oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon at a time and see how it goes.
- Serve hot with banana slices, fresh strawberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
Cooking Method:One Pan
Preparation:Under 20 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment
Could you bake the Paleo French toast? If so, at what temperature and for how long?
I never baked this recipe before feel free to experiement
I haven’t tried this yet but you said in your keto bread recipe that you used it as a basis for your French toast recipe. I suggest mentioning that in this recipe for anyone who doesn’t want to buy the paleo bread.
Great idea! Will do