Whole-Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins
Moist, simple, and delicious Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins made with only 6-ingredients. Do you have some bananas that get black spots on the skin?
These Whole wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins are the best recipe to use ripe bananas. It’s the ultimate kids’ lunch box snack for real food mums.
No refined sugar, coconut oil, and high fiber whole wheat flour. All kids need to feel energized and enjoy some healthy sweet baking.
What Are Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins?
These healthy banana blueberry muffins are simple muffins made with a few wholesome ingredients in just a few minutes.
They are delicious for snacks or breakfast and the whole family will love them.
How To Make Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
Making these muffins is very easy, it only takes 7 ingredients and a few minutes of prep.
- Whole-Wheat Flour – you can use wholewheat flour, classic all-purpose flour, gluten-free flour, or even sunflower seed flour for this recipe, they would all work similarly.
- Coconut Oil – let it melt in the microwave for a few minutes. You can also use rice bran oil or light olive oil if you don’t like the taste of coconut.
- Eggs – I like to use large, free-range eggs as I find that they taste better.
- Bananas – Choose ripe bananas with a few dark spots on the skin. The riper the bananas, the sweeter the muffins!
- Maple Syrup – I prefer to use regular maple syrup for this recipe, but you can also use sugar-free maple syrup to reduce the carbs or coconut nectar.
- Frozen Blueberries – Frozen blueberries are ideal in this recipe as they hold their shape better when cooking.
Making The Healthy Muffins
Add the following ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or into a mixing bowl: flour, coconut oil, eggs, mashed bananas, baking soda, maple syrup, and vanilla.
Process the batter or whisk it with a wooden spoon until it’s well combined and a bit sticky.
Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl if you just used a food processor and incorporate the blueberries gently with a wooden spoon.
Use a cookie spoon to transfer the muffin batter into a muffin tray lined with lightly oiled muffin cups.
Bake the healthy banana blueberry muffins for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven at 350°F (180°C).
Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and enjoy them still warm
Enjoy this simple and delicious banana blueberry muffin recipe.
You can store your healthy banana blueberry muffins for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the pantry or in the fridge for up to a week.
It’s also possible to freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the fridge for a few hours before enjoying.
More Healthy Muffin Recipes
If you like healthy muffins, you’ll love these:
Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- 1 cup Whole-wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil melted (or vegetable oil like rice bran or virgin light olive oil)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bananas mashed with a fork, use the one with black spot on the skin
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup or apple syrup for a lower carb recipe
- ½ cup Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 24-holes mini muffin tray with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your food processor with the S blade attachment, add all the ingredients in this order whole wheat flour, extra virgin coconut oil, eggs, mashed bananas, baking soda, maple syrup, and vanilla (if desired).
- Blend until combine and smooth. It is ok if you still have bites of bananas it is actually better as it adds lots of moisture to these muffins.
- If you are using a food processor it will not take more than 1 minute to prepare the batter.
- If you used a food processor transfer the batter into a mixing bowl and combine in the frozen blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 10-15 minutes max or until a chopstick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Flip over the tray onto a cooling rack and cool at room temperature before eating.
- You can freeze these whole-wheat banana muffins in zip lock bags and defrost them for 3-4 hours before eating.
- Can be cooked in muffin cups as well. Don’t grease the tray in this case.
- Store in the pantry for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
Preparation:Under 30 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment
Would you be able to use regular sized muffin tray and just alter the time of cooking?
Of course, you can use a 12 muffin hole pan and increase baking time around 30 minutes at 180C (350F), it will be fine. Enjoy, XOXO Carine
Just made them today for my little 2 year old and they are delicious. Sugar free, we just added some apple sauce. I made round 10 of them (big ones). We have just shared this recipe in our Instagram as I thought my clients will love it. All your recipes look really yummy and delicious!! Thanks for sharing!
hank you for the lovely feedback, Enjoy the recipes on the blog, XOXO Carine.
Can you use fresh blueberries too or do they have to be frozen?
Sure ! It will be even better. Enjoy the recipe. XOXO Carine.
They smell delicious baking! Any idea on the nutritional value for these muffins?
I am so glad you love them ! Nutrition panel is showing after the recipe box, scroll down a bit more to see all the details ! Enjoy, XOXO Carine.
These look delicious! Ca b there wait to make them
I have saved the banana blueberry muffin recipe to try later … Sounds yummy and healthy! Love that it uses coconut oil.
Awesome Jenny enjoy the recipe!
these look so good and easy to make
This looks amazing and so yummy
Great to see the use if wholeweat
Wow these sound delicious
Thanks Sally. Enjoy them! Carine.
These muddies sound so delicious I can’t wait to make them when blueberries are in season!
Thanks Katie. You can also use finely chopped fresh strawberries if you like ! Enjoy the recipe. Carine.
Very nice, my daughter will love to make these with me. She loves it when we bake together
Enjoy Melissa! My 4 years old is a big fan of those blueberry muffins.
WOw the gooey centre looks amazing!
I know amazing right? Enjoy the recipe ! Carine
Love blueberry muffins . Thank you for the inspiration ??
No problem! I love sharing all my simple and healthy recipes trial. This one is a no fail recipe that all the family love! Enjoy and see you around ! Carine.
Oh yummo your blueberry muffins look divine and are on my to do list. Thank you for the inspiration ??
Great! you’ll love them and so healthy too ! See you soon on the blog my friend. Carine.
Yum. These looks great!
Thanks !!! Enjoy the muffins and I hope you even over delicious recipes to try on the blog! Carine.
These look &;sound delish. Will try them this week with granddaughter
Awesome ! Let me know if your granddaughter approve the recipe then :D. See you soon on the blog. Carine.
Omg these look so yum with all that blueberry inside
Hi Kerri, I double up the blueberries in this recipe and it taste delicious !
Awesome I will surely try these on the weekend
Yeah!!! enjoy them !
I’m so going to try this one!