Whole-Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins
Moist, simple, and delicious Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins made with only 6-ingredients. Do you have some bananas that get black spots on the skin?
These Whole wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins are the best recipe to use ripe bananas. It’s the ultimate kids’ lunch box snack for real food mums.
No refined sugar, coconut oil, and high fiber whole wheat flour. All kids need to feel energized and enjoy some healthy sweet baking.
What Are Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins?
These healthy banana blueberry muffins are simple muffins made with a few wholesome ingredients in just a few minutes.
They are delicious for snacks or breakfast and the whole family will love them.
How To Make Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins
Making these muffins is very easy, it only takes 7 ingredients and a few minutes of prep.
- Whole-Wheat Flour – you can use wholewheat flour, classic all-purpose flour, gluten-free flour, or even sunflower seed flour for this recipe, they would all work similarly.
- Coconut Oil – let it melt in the microwave for a few minutes. You can also use rice bran oil or light olive oil if you don’t like the taste of coconut.
- Eggs – I like to use large, free-range eggs as I find that they taste better.
- Bananas – Choose ripe bananas with a few dark spots on the skin. The riper the bananas, the sweeter the muffins!
- Maple Syrup – I prefer to use regular maple syrup for this recipe, but you can also use sugar-free maple syrup to reduce the carbs or coconut nectar.
- Frozen Blueberries – Frozen blueberries are ideal in this recipe as they hold their shape better when cooking.
Making The Healthy Muffins
Add the following ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or into a mixing bowl: flour, coconut oil, eggs, mashed bananas, baking soda, maple syrup, and vanilla.
Process the batter or whisk it with a wooden spoon until it’s well combined and a bit sticky.
Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl if you just used a food processor and incorporate the blueberries gently with a wooden spoon.
Use a cookie spoon to transfer the muffin batter into a muffin tray lined with lightly oiled muffin cups.
Bake the healthy banana blueberry muffins for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven at 350°F (180°C).
Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and enjoy them still warm
Enjoy this simple and delicious banana blueberry muffin recipe.
You can store your healthy banana blueberry muffins for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the pantry or in the fridge for up to a week.
It’s also possible to freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the fridge for a few hours before enjoying.
Posted In:Clean EatingBananaBlueberryCoconut OilEggFlourBakingNut-FreePaleoVegetarianBreakfastDessertEasyUnder 30 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.