90-Second Keto Bread In The Microwave
This 90-second keto bread recipe is the easiest keto bread recipe to quickly fix all your bread cravings with only 5 grams of net carbs per bread!
Bonus, this keto microwave bread recipe is also gluten-free and dairy-free.
What’s A 90-Second Keto Bread?
A Microwave keto bread is a low-carb bread recipe cooked in the microwave bread for only 90 seconds to quickly fix your bread craving.
It’s the perfect low-carb keto bread recipe to make a quick breakfast sandwich or toast.
How To Make Keto 90-Second Bread
It’s very simple to make keto microwave bread.
All you need to make yours are 6 simple ingredients:
- Almond flour or almond meal – both options work very well. However, almond meals make the bread darker in color and a bit gritty in texture. If you are a keto beginner, I highly recommend ultra-fine almond flour to enjoy this keto bread 90-second recipe. Read how to choose your keto flours to become an expert!
- Coconut flour – the combination of both flours creates the best bread texture, similar to wheat-based bread, without the carbs. If you don’t have coconut flour, you can replace it with more almond flour, but the bread crumb will have a softer, more cake-like texture.
- Egg – this recipe needs an egg. It won’t work with egg replacers like flax egg or chia eggs. Try my egg-free 90-second keto bread recipe if you are after an egg-free keto bread recipe or on a vegan keto diet.
- Baking powder to give your bread a little rise.
- Olive oil or melted butter.
Now, in a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Then, add the beaten egg, water, and olive oil and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
Spread the batter in a microwave-safe bowl.
There are a few different mugs or containers you can use to bake your 90-second bread recipe.
- A regular 12 oz coffee mug – this is the best way to make a small individual bread loaf with a cylinder shape. Then, slice the bread cylinder into 4 thin slices.
- A microwave-safe square pan – to make triangle sandwiches as seen in my pictures. Cut the square in half to make triangles.
Baking 90-Second Keto Bread
Most microwave runs at 900W, but some also run at higher power up to 1200W or lower intensity of 600W.
Depending on the watts of the microwave, the regular 90 seconds of baking time won’t deliver the same bread texture.
In fact, when we call this recipe a 90-second microwavable low-carb keto bread recipe, it’s for a standard microwave setting of 900W!
Adjusting the baking time to the power of your microwave
If your microwave runs at:
- 900W – microwave the bread for 90 seconds.
- 600W – microwave the bread for 90 seconds, then add 10 extra seconds if the bread is still moist or wet in the center.
- 1200W – microwave the bread for 60 seconds, then check the consistency and add an extra 10 seconds if it is still moist or wet in the center.
- Don’t know what the power of your microwave is? Play it safe and microwave the bread at the minimum baking time of 60 seconds. Then, check the texture and return to the microwave by 10-second bursts until the center is set, not wet or liquid.
Remember that it’s always better to underbake microwave bread. In fact, you can always bring it back to the microwave in small 10-seconds bursts. But if you overcook it, it will be very dry and not pleasant to eat.
Toasting The Bread
Now that the bread is cooked, it’s very soft. So you have two options to give some texture to the bread.
- Toast in a bread toaster until crispy.
- Create a sandwich and toast in a sandwich press, spreading butter generously on the outside bread slices.
- Pan fry it in butter.
- Make keto French toast sticks.
90-Second Bread Toppings
- Peanut butter and keto chia seed jam.
- Ham, cheese, and spinach.
- Bacon and fried eggs to make a keto breakfast sandwich.
- Cream cheese and bagel seasonings.
Flavoring Microwave Bread
Obviously, this microwave bread recipe intends to be neutral in flavor to be used in any way you like: sweet or savory.
Like any regular soft bread from the store, it’s a soft, airy bread with many possibilities!
Some of my tips to boost your bread with flavor are the addition of dry spices, cheese, or sweeteners.
Let’s see below some of the great flavors you can create with this simple recipe.
- Keto cinnamon toast – add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and pumpkin spices along with 1 tablespoon of sugar-free crystal. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil in a pan and fry the bread on both sides. Serve with sugar-free maple syrup.
- Italian bread. Give your 90-second keto bread some Italian flavor, add 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of ground paprika, and 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan.
- Garlic bread. Missing garlic bread? Try to add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and fry the bread in 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
Serving Keto Sandwich Bread
While this is one of the best keto recipes for breakfast, it’s also an amazing keto sandwich bread.
Who doesn’t love a club sandwich? I am sure you do too! Not sure how to make a keto sandwich using this microwave bread recipe? Here are some great keto sandwich ideas for any time of the day.
- Breakfast sandwich – bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, and scallion.
- Keto lunch sandwich – ham & cheese and spinach. Play with the cheese flavor, mix parmesan, Edam cheese, cheddar, or any cheese! Add some mayonnaise and pickles if you like!
- Keto vegetarian – mayonnaise, avocado, thin cucumber slices, and baby spinach.
Finally, if you are not fond of eggs in your keto bread recipe but still want quick bread, try my egg-free keto bread in the microwave. As a result, the texture will be dryer, dense, and closer to artisan bread.
I hear you, you are busy, and you want to make ahead some quick, tasty keto bread.
Contrary to oven baking, microwaving cooks your food so fast that the texture dries out very quickly if stored for too long.
Clearly, it won’t taste as good the next day, but it’s still possible to make it ahead 24 hours before. These are my recommendation.
- First, cook the bread in the microwave and cool down on a rack until it reaches room temperature.
- Next, wrap your keto bread in plastic film to keep it moist and place it in the fridge.
- Finally, the next day, toast your bread in the toaster or pan fry in butter.
Leave me a comment or review below. I would love to hear back from you!
90-second Keto Bread
Posted In:Almond FlourCoconut FlourEggBakingDairy-FreeGluten-FreeHealthyKetoLow-CarbVegetarianBreakfastSide DishEasy5 Ingredients Or LessUnder 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.