Keto Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
This Keto Snickerdoodle Mug Cake is perfect for fixing a sweet craving with only 4 grams of net carbs per serving.
Plus, it’s also dairy-free and gluten-free, so you can share it with everyone!
I am a huge fan of cinnamon flavor, and when I don’t have time to make my keto snickerdoodle cookie, I go for this low-carb mug cake with almond flour instead!
It’s fluffy, spongy with a delicious cinnamon sugar-free topping! Irresistible for cinnamon lovers, so let me share how to make this simple almond flour mug cake.
How To Make Snickerdoodle Keto Mug Cake
All you need to make this Keto Cinnamon Mug cake are a few pantry ingredients and some basic kitchen tools.
- A tall microwave-safe recipient. It can be a tall coffee mug of about 12 fl oz volume or a simple microwave-safe ramekin. The key is to use a tall recipient, or the mug cake won’t rise properly or totally overflow from the recipient.
- A microwave. This is a microwave cake recipe, so you need a microwave or read below for an oven option that takes a little bit longer to bake.
So before you start, grease the recipient of choice with coconut oil. Set aside on the benchtop and prepare the ingredients.
You need the below ingredients to make a keto mug cake with a delicious snickerdoodle flavor.
- Almond flour – I am using ultra-fine almond flour with a lovely golden color. Avoid any coarse almond meal that makes keto cakes gritty and grainy. If you prefer to use coconut flour, use my coconut flour mug cake recipe and add the cinnamon and cinnamon sugar to make this recipe flavor. Read my review of keto-friendly flours to learn how to choose them.
- Erythritol or sweetener you love as soon as it’s a granulated keto sweetener like allulose or xylitol or just a pinch of stevia powder. Learn how to choose your keto sweeteners.
- Ground cinnamon
- Egg at room temperature
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Baking soda – you can swap for baking powder by using 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder instead of 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Cream of tartar – skip if you don’t have some at home, but this is what makes the difference between my classic cinnamon mug cake and this keto snickerdoodle cake in the microwave. In fact, cream of tartar is the magic addition to snickerdoodle cookies. It adds a particular flavor to the cookies that you will love in this mug cake.
- Vanilla extract
First, combine the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Beat the egg with almond milk and vanilla.
Then, stir in the dry ingredients: add the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cream of tartar.
Assembling The Mug Cake
To assemble the mug cake, start by adding about half of the cake batter into the mug cake container.
Then, add half the keto cinnamon sugar and top up with the remaining cake batter.
Finally, add the remaining keto sugar on top of the mug cake.
Microwave the keto mug cake in the center of the microwave on 800W power for 90 seconds.
You know that the mug cake is cooked when it has risen to the top of the mug, and the top is dry. The center top of the mug cake should be dry if touched, bouncy, not wet, or too dry.
Microwave Time Tips
Always check the microwave power before microwaving a cake. Your microwave must be set on 900W power for this recipe.
If it’s above 900W, reduce baking time to 60 seconds and increase by 10-second bursts until cooked through.
If your microwave produces less than 900W, increase the baking time after the recommended 90 seconds.
Add 10 seconds extra at a time and check the texture. Stop microwaving when the top is set and the cake is set.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can bake this snickerdoodle almond flour mug cake. Use a 5-inch oven baking pan or any ceramic ramekin that is oven-friendly.
Grease the mold with coconut oil and fill following the assembling tips above.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) until the cake is set and a pick inserted in the center of the snickerdoodle cake comes out clean.
It can take 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the diameter of your mold. The wider, the faster it cakes, but the less it rises!
If you are allergic to some of the ingredients on don’t have them in your pantry, you can try the following swaps:
- Almond Milk – You can replace almond milk with coconut milk, oat milk, or cashew milk.
- Crystal Sweetener – Any crystal sweetener works, such as erythritol, allulose, coconut sugar, or xylitol.
- Almond Flour – You can substitute almond flour with oat flour or sunflower seed flour. Coconut flour is not an option as it would make the mug cake very dry.
More Keto Mug Cake Recipes
I love to make low-carb mug cakes when cake cravings come up for a snack or breakfast. Below are my other favorites for you to try.
Have you made this snickerdoodle cake in your microwave or oven? Share a comment or feedback with me below!
Keto Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Milk or heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Sweetener
- 4 tablespoons Almond Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda or 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon adjust up to 3/4 teaspoon if you like a strong cinnamon flavor! -> mug cake will be darker in color
- ⅛ teaspoon Cream of Tartar optional add tangy, chewy texture
Keto Cinnamon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon adjust to taste, up to 1/2 teaspoon
- ½ tablespoon Crystal Sweetener
- Grease one tall coffee mug with coconut oil. Find a 12 fl oz tall mug to prevent the batter from overflowing when baking. Set aside.
Keto Cinnamon Sugar
- In a small bowl, prepare the keto cinnamon sugar. Stir erythritol and cinnamon and set aside for later.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg, almond milk, vanilla extract, and erythritol.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and cream of tartar. Stir until a smooth batter forms, and feel free to increase the cinnamon to 3/4 teaspoon if you love a strong cinnamon flavor. In this case, the batter will turn darker than the picture.
- Transfer about half of the mug cake batter into the coffee mug, then add half the keto cinnamon sugar and the remaining cake batter.
- Bake for about 90 seconds in a microwave power 900W, in the center of the microwave.
- Remove from the microwave and sprinkle leftover cinnamon sugar on top.
- Cool it down for 1 minute before eating to avoid burning yourself, and let the topping slightly melt and flavor the top of the mug cake. Serve plain or with a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream if used.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
ToolsGetting Started What Is Keto? Macro Calculator Sweetener Converter Meal Plans Recipe Ebooks Intermittent Fasting Keto Fruits Keto Vegetables Keto Flours Fighting Keto Flu Healthy Sweeteners
Ingredients:Almond FlourAlmond MilkCinnamonEgg
Preparation:Under 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment
I can’t eat almond – is there an alternative keto flour I can use ? Coconut? Sunflour? Macadamia meal? Thanks. Jill
It would work with sunflower seed flour!
Carine, This was really really good.
I went through some old recipes, and saw this. I have to limit my sweeteners, two Stevia drops, and Stevia, concentrated powder. I was able to do that with this. I used Alea los.jthis was really really good.
I went through some old recipes, and saw this. I have to limit my sweeteners to Stevia drops and Stevia concentrated powder. I was able to do that with this. I was able to use a timy bit of allulose, as erythitol upsets my tummy.
This is totally amazing! Fantastic! Awesome! I’m going to want to make this every day! It is so delicious. Thank you!
Excellent recipe. I added bits of cream cheese
Made this for the first time tonight. My husband agreed with me that it was delicious and worthy of making again!
I just want to let you know how much I like your recipes! I’m not in a keto diet but a low carb diet and I use keto recipes like this one every time I want something sweet. Thanks a lot for all your help, plus your site is the BEST for me.
Sólo quiero dejarte saber lo mucho que me gustan tus recetas! No estoy en una dieta keto sino en baja en carbohidratos y uso recetas keto como esta cada vez que quiero comer algo dulce. Muchas gracias por toda tu ayuda, además tu página es la MEJOR para mi.
Thank you so much!
As I don’t own a microwave, would an air-fryer do the job ?
I am pretty sure it will cook well in an air fryer for 10-12 minutes at 180C
Loved this recipe! I made it per recipe in terms of ingredients, but mixed it all right in the mug, so didn’t layer the sugar topping, just mixed in. So good! Topped with Greek yogurt, blueberries and pecans.