No bake Coconut Balls recipe healthy + simple !
I am so addicted to this no bake coconut balls recipe. You know I don’t eat much sugar – even the healthy one – and those are safe to eat in moderation as they do not contains much carbs and they are refined sugar free ! One coconut ball contains only 3.6 gram of natural sugar – less than a teaspoon ! Amazing right ? And look at this pure white color: those are the best Christmas snowballs cookies ever !
Plus, those no bake coconut balls are made with 4 simple ingredients :
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Super fine almond flour – also called ground almond or almond meal. I recommend to choose the fine almond flour made with blanched almonds. It will make those coconut balls super white.
- Coconut water or water. I love the extra coconut flavor from coconut water but both works.
- Sugar free maple flavored syrup – keto and low carb or if vegan use brown rice syrup or paleo use maple syrup or blue agave.
No Bake Coconut Balls – Perfect Healthy Christmas Snowball Cookies
I am absolutely in LOVE with no bake cookie balls. I make some for any occasion. For breakfast, I recommend my raw chocolate oatmeal balls, for an afternoon tea with friends I love my no bake carrot cake balls and for Christmas I recommend you look at my list of 12 Healthy No Bake Christmas truffles, you will love them!
I made some for my mum Christmas last week. She lives in France and she is type 2 diabetic. As it was my dad birthday I send a package to France and I wanted to add something homemade that my mum could enjoy and could last without being stored in the fridge. They arrived after 2 weeks in France and taste great! I did the 100% sugar free recipe for my mum using sugar free syrup – see recipe note.
There is no much more to say except that those no bake coconut balls recipe is simple, delicious and you must try them. I did some pictures with Christmas decoration because I am really thinking about making small bags of those as Christmas gift for my family and friends. Does this looks cute? Enjoy the recipe and see you around for another healthy treat !
Watch the No Bake Coconut Balls recipe video !
No Bake Coconut balls recipe healthy
Chocolate decoration - optional
- 1/3 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips , melted
- Cover a plate with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, with the S blade attachment add all the ingredients. Start with 2 tablespoon of coconut water (or water) and see how it goes.
- Process on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until it form a crumbly dough easy to bring together in your hands to shape balls. If too dry, add the extra 2 tablespoon of coconut water (or water), process again.
- Stop the food processor and scoop out some coconut ball dough in your hands. Roll to form a ball, place on the prepared plate. Repeat until you form 25 balls.
- You can decorate the snowballs by drizzling melted chocolate on the top of the balls or simply rolling them into desiccated coconut. If you are using chocolate, simply melt the chocolate in the microwave on high by 30 seconds burst.
- Store in the fridge at least one hour before eating. It is tasty straight away but the balls will be even better cold and the flavor blend after an hour in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This recipe makes about 25 coconut balls. Nutrition panel is for one ball without chocolate coating using sugar free maple syrup (contains zero carbs, zero calories)