Keto Blueberry Bread
This Keto Blueberry Bread is a delicious, healthy, and soft keto pound cake with only 3.9 grams of net carbs per slice.
Plus, it’s a dairy-free recipe meaning it’s a perfect paleo blueberry pound cake!
What’s A Keto Blueberry Bread?
Keto Blueberry Breads are low-carb pound cakes made with keto-friendly flours and low-carb sweeteners.
They combine the taste of a classic pound cake with minimal carbs, which is the hallmark of a keto diet.
I really believe this is the best keto blueberry bread recipe ever. In fact, the combo of lemon juice, fresh blueberry, a pinch of ginger, and toasted sliced almonds works like magic.
The texture of this keto blueberry bread with almond flour is moist and soft like a traditional French blueberry breakfast cake.
How To Make Keto Blueberry Bread
All you need to make this keto blueberry cake are a few simple ingredients and just 15 minutes.
Let’s see what you need to prepare this lovely moist keto blueberry lemon bread:
- Almond flour – I recommend fine almond flour and not almond meal for the best result. Almond meal is made with unpeeled almonds. It gives a gritty texture to cakes. Learn more about keto-friendly flours.
- Coconut flour – since this blueberry bread is keto, it is made with coconut flour and almond flour. I found the combo of both almond and coconut flour to deliver the best texture. So don’t replace coconut flour with almond flour!
- Sugar-free crystal sweetener – I love a good Monk fruit and erythritol blend, but you can also use pure erythritol crystal or even xylitol in the same amount. Learn how to choose your keto sweeteners!
- Eggs – make sure you use large eggs at room temperature.
- Coconut oil – melted, make sure your coconut oil is not burning hot, or it would cook the eggs!
- Lemon juice – I love a light touch of lemon in my blueberry bread. If you don’t feel like it, you can use orange juice, but it brings more carbs!
- Ground ginger – just because lemon and ginger are made to be together! It is optional though, don’t use it if you are not a fan of ginger.
- Xanthan gum or guar gum – this makes the bread hold together really well. Don’t skip for the best results.
- Blueberries – fresh or frozen, blueberries are a low-carb fruit.
Making The Batter
Start the keto blueberry bread batter by combining the eggs and sweetener in a large mixing bowl.
Beat them with an electric beater for 30 seconds until they are well combined.
Pour the dry ingredients into another large mixing bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and ground ginger.
Make sure there’s no flour lump before pouring the egg mixture into the dry ingredients.
Add melted coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla.
Stir the pound cake batter with a silicone spatula or a wooden spoon until it is well distributed.
Add the fresh blueberries and incorporate them gently so they keep their shape and integrity.
Cooking The Bread
Transfer the batter into a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan lined with lightly oiled parchment paper.
Bake the blueberry bread for 60 to 75 minutes in the oven preheated to 350°F (180°C).
Add a piece of aluminum foil on top of the pan after 20 minutes of baking time to prevent the top from browning.
Let the blueberry bread cool down for at least 30 minutes in the loaf pan before taking it out.
It allows the bottom of the bread to finish baking.
Pull it out of the pan and let the keto blueberry bread cool down on a cooling rack for 3 hours before slicing it.
This blueberry pound cake can be stored in the pantry for up to 3 days, in an airtight container.
You can also freeze bread slices in an airtight container.
Defrost them the day before on a plate at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen blueberries in my lemon blueberry bread recipe?
Sure, you can use frozen blueberries or fresh blueberries. Both options work perfectly. However, frozen blueberries may add some more liquid to the batter.
The result is a softer keto blueberry cake but as good!
How Many Carbs Are In Blueberry Bread?
Classic blueberry bread contains upwards of 30 grams of carbs per slice.
This low-carb version only contains3.9 grams of net carbs per slice.
If you have food allergies, you can do the following substitutions:
- Xanthan Gum: replace it with Guar Gum.
- Coconut Oil: Swaps it with melted butter.
- Blueberries: though it won’t be a blueberry bread anymore you can swap them for any other fresh or frozen berries.
Serving Low-Carb Blueberry Pound Cake
This lemon blueberry bread recipe is very much inspired by my keto lemon pound recipe.
This recipe has a similar buttery-pound-cake texture to my previous lemon cake recipe.
However, the addition of spices, crunchy sliced almonds, and blueberry make the whole bread different and delicious for breakfast.
More Pound Cake Recipes
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, try the following keto pound cake recipes or my bulletproof coffee recipe to pair with your slice of blueberry bread!
I hope you enjoy this easy blueberry pound cake recipe. If so, save it on Pinterest for later.
Posted In:Almond FlourCoconut FlourBakingDairy-FreeGluten-FreeHealthyKetoLow-CarbVegetarianBreakfastSnackIntermediate
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.