Keto Starbucks Frappuccino CopyCat
This Keto Frappuccino is an easy low-carb chocolate coffee milkshake with almond milk.
Bonus, one Keto Frappe only contains 3.8 grams of net carbs to indulge without guilt!
Who doesn’t like to grab a frappuccino in the afternoon?
This keto frappuccino is a safe option to fix any craving at home with only 3.8 grams of net carbs and no dairy!
Is Starbucks’ Frappuccino Keto-Friendly?
The standard Coffee Frappuccino from Starbucks contains no less than 46 grams of net carbs per serving.
So it’s not at all a keto-friendly option.
Their frappe contains regular milk and frappuccino syrup (of which the main ingredient is sugar). Most Starbucks drinks are also topped with sweetened whipped cream.
How To Make Keto Frappuccino
It’s very easy to make low-carb frappuccino. The main rule is to use sugar-free ingredients and lactose-free milk to keep it keto-friendly.
The base recipe to make a keto mocha is to combine the following simple ingredients.
- Brewed coffee – chilled strong coffee is the best but of course, a medium-strength coffee or decaffeinated coffee would be tasty as well.
- Unsweetened almond milk – I am using unsweetened almond milk as an alternative to dairy milk. It adds a lovely creamy texture to the frappuccino without adding carbs or sugar
- Cream – I love my drink dairy-free, so I opt for full-fat canned coconut cream making this recipe a delicious paleo frappuccino. However, you can use heavy whipping cream if you prefer, it’s keto-friendly. Both options provide the same texture and macro.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sugar-free Crystal Sweetener – erythritol or monk fruit crystal as you like. Stevia drops are tasty too if you don’t mind the slight bitterness of stevia drops.
- Vanilla Collagen Powder – keto collagen powder doesn’t add carbs to your drinks. However, it adds healthy collagen, fats, and proteins! You can also stick to just vanilla extract.
- Ice cubes – the more you add the frothier it will be so always start with a small amount and increase to taste
- Sugar-free chocolate chips – or use chunks of any dark chocolate with more than 85% cocoa. This is only to decorate the top of your drink and therefore it can be avoided. You can also make your own keto chocolate chips with my recipe.
Prepare a hot coffee a little while before making this keto frappe as you need it to cool down.
You might have to pop your freshly brewed coffee in the fridge or the freezer for it to cool down faster.
To make this recipe, combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend for about a minute.
Adjust the texture of your iced coffee with more ice for a frothier feel, or more milk to make it runnier.
Serving Keto Frappuccino
It’s up to you to serve this recipe as a grande frappuccino or 2 small frappuccinos.
I personally use the whole recipe as one serving as it only reaches 3.8 grams of net carbs for a 2 1/2 cup size drink.
It’s very comforting to drink such a large sweet drink knowing that it adds so few carbs and calories. While I love ordering a frappuccino at Starbucks, I miss the whipped cream!
Yes, Starbucks’ whipped cream is full of sugar and not recommended on keto. Plus, Starbucks whipped cream is not vegan or paleo.
Therefore, making this healthy mocha frappuccino at home is even tastier! You can add that huge dollop of whipped coconut cream or whipped unsweetened cream to indulge safely!
If you love caramel syrup, you can make my Keto Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup Recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
To order a keto frappuccino at Starbucks, you need to ask for unsweetened plant-based milk like almond milk, no syrup, no caramel sauce, and no whipped cream.
The best time of the day to enjoy this keto chocolate Frappuccino is either in the morning as a breakfast drink or in the afternoon as a sweet fulfilling snack.
It’s also a very good post-workout keto drink to re-hydrate your muscles and fuel with 25 grams of protein.
It tastes like a delicious keto milkshake recipe with a chocolate coffee flavor.
This healthy Starbucks copycat frappuccino is boosted with vanilla protein collagen powder.
Keto collagen powder won’t add carbs to your drink. However, it’s a great addition to reinforce bones, joints, and skin on a keto diet.
Plus, it also adds as much as 25g of protein to your drink which is amazing to reload protein after a workout.
If you don’t feel like using protein powder, the recipe would be as delicious, it would simply contain less protein.
A classic coffee frappuccino contains more than 45 grams of carbs. However, this keto frappe has only 3.8 grams of net carbs with the use of low-carb ingredients.
More Keto Drinks
I recommend also trying the following keto hot drinks or keto smoothies for snacks or breakfast.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this delicious low-carb Starbucks Frappuccino recipe.
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- ⅔ cup Chilled Brewed Coffee strong or decaf
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ⅓ cup Coconut Cream or heavy cream
- 1 ½ tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Crystal Sweetener you can start with 2 and adjust if needed
- 1 ½ cup Ice Cubes up to 2 cups for a frothier frappuccino
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Protein Collagen Powder optional see note for option
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Whipped Coconut Cream or unsweetened whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon Sugar-free Chocolate Chips melted
- Brew coffee at least 1 hour before making the frappuccino. Store brewed coffee in the fridge to chill.
- In a blender, add the chilled coffee, unsweetened almond milk, coconut cream (or heavy cream), unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar-free sweetener, ice cubes (start with 1 1/2 cup you can add more later for a frothier texture), and collagen protein powder (if you want to use some, optional).
- Blend on high speed until frosty smooth. Stop the blender and taste. If not sweet enough, this can happen if you didn't add the protein powder, add more sugar-free crystal sweetener (1 or 2 tablespoons). You can also add more ice cubes if you like your frappuccino frothier, up to n extra 1/2 cup. Blend again until it reaches your favorite flavor and texture.
- Serve immediately as one grande frappuccino (2 1/2 cup drink) or as two small frappuccinos, topped with unsweetened whipped coconut cream and a drizzle of melted sugar-free chocolate.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
ToolsGetting Started What Is Keto? Macro Calculator Sweetener Converter Meal Plans Recipe Ebooks Intermittent Fasting Keto Fruits Keto Vegetables Keto Flours Fighting Keto Flu Healthy Sweeteners
Preparation:Under 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment
I was looking for a cold beverage to enjoy in this Texas heat. I decided to try this recipe and it was so delicious! I will be making this often. Thanks!
Hi Carine! If i don´t add protein, what would be the macros of the recipe?
Nutritional panel doesn’t include optional ingredient so here it doesn’t include protein powder. Enjoy
Thank you so much for sharing your recipes with us ,may God bless thecworks of hour hands …
Im Frappuccino choocolate lover, I always buy from starbuck , thanks for sharing the recipe, the best keto Frappuccino chocolate ever
Thanks so much!