Keto Ranch Salad Dressing Recipe (0.5g Net Carbs)
An easy Keto Ranch Salad Dressing with only 0.5 grams of net carbs per serving to add the most delicious, creamy garlic herbs flavors to your keto salad.
Bonus, this homemade healthy Keto Ranch Salad Dressing is also lightened up using yogurt and almond milk!
Is Ranch Salad Dressing Keto-friendly?
No, most store-bought ranch dressing recipes contain non-keto ingredients, including sugar, vegetable oil, and buttermilk.
An average store-bought ranch dressing contains 3.5 grams of net carbs per serving of 2 tablespoons.
These are unnecessary carbs from processed ingredients, including sugar, that won’t go in favor of your keto lifestyle.
Can You Eat Ranch Salad Dressing On A Keto Diet?
Yes, but not all brands! Some contain added sugar and added canola oils that are not keto-friendly.
Look for a dressing that only has clean ingredients and no added sugar, or make your own keto ranch salad dressing recipe at home.
How To Make Keto Ranch Salad Dressing
Great news, it takes only 10 minutes to make homemade keto ranch dressing at home.
So let’s see how you can make this easy keto salad dressing.
- Mayonnaise – not all mayonnaise brands are keto-friendly. Choose mayonnaise without canola oils or without any vegetable oils. These are non-keto-friendly fats. Instead, use mayonnaise made with avocado oil or olive oil. These are the best mayonnaise choice on your keto journey. Primal Kitchen has a great range of keto-friendly mayonnaise.
- Plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream dairy-free plain yogurt like coconut yogurt for a dairy-free option. Learn how to pick keto-friendly yogurt.
- Lemon juice
- Dried chives
- Dried dill
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Unsweetened almond milk for a dairy-free option or heavy cream for a thicker, creamier dressing. Did you know that regular milk isn’t keto-friendly?
- Black pepper
Stir And Shake It
It’s very easy to make this ranch salad dressing. Simply bring all the ingredients into a glass mason jar.
Then, give it a quick stir with a fork.
Finally, close the lid and shake it like crazy!
I mean vigorously or until all the ingredients come together.
If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add up to 1/4 cup of extra heavy cream or almond milk.
This keto ranch dressing stores for up to 1 week in the fridge or slightly more depending on your sour cream or Greek yogurt’s best-before date.
Always store the salad dressings in the fridge in a sealed glass mason jar and shake it before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Use Keto Ranch Salad Dressing On A Keto Diet?
This keto salad dressing is delicious with:
- Keto chicken salads – try my keto avocado chicken bacon salad with this classic ranch dressing. You will love the combination of creamy sauce and grilled chicken. You can also use it for regular salads like my Kale Quinoa Salad.
- Keto chicken wings or keto nuggets.
- Crunchy vegetable – use this as a veggies dip for any raw keto vegetables in your dressing like celery sticks, cucumber sticks, or radish.
Can I Freeze My Salad Dressing?
Yes, you can freeze this salad dressing. The best way to freeze your salad dressing is to pop it into an ice cube tray. This way, you can defrost only one serving at a time.
The salad dressing thaws fast at room temperature in a serving bowl or overnight in the fridge.
Can I Fix A Too Thick Dressing?
Simply thin out your ranch dressing by adding more almond milk or heavy cream.
We all have different tastes when it comes to salad dressings, some people love it thick and creamy, and others love their dressing liquid and thin.
Adjust the amount of liquid to fit your palate.
Which Green Goes Well With Ranch Dressing?
Basically, any kind of greens is delicious served with a ranch dressing, including romaine lettuce, rocket, baby spinach leaves, raw broccoli, and more!
Keto Recipes To Eat With Ranch Dressing
Below I listed some of my favorite keto recipes to go with your homemade keto ranch dressing recipe.
Have you made this homemade low-carb ranch dressing recipe? Share a comment or review below. I love to hear your feedback on my recipes,
Keto Ranch Salad Dressing
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt or sour cream for a tangy flavor
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Dried Chives
- ½ teaspoon Dried Dill
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or Heavy Cream
- Before you start, choose from either the light version, using Greek yogurt and almond milk, or the thicker, creamier option using sour cream and heavy cream.
- Bring all the ingredients into a glass mason jar, close the lid and shake vigorously until all the ingredients come together.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
ToolsGetting Started What Is Keto? Macro Calculator Sweetener Converter Meal Plans Recipe Ebooks Intermittent Fasting Keto Fruits Keto Vegetables Keto Flours Fighting Keto Flu Healthy Sweeteners
Posted In:Almond MilkLemonYogurtMake AheadNo-BakeDairy-Free OptionEgg-FreeGluten-FreeHealthyKetoLow-CarbVegan OptionVegetarianSide DishEasyUnder 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment
Do you know the net carbs for the sour cream and heavy cream option of this?
I don’t calculate every single option but it won’t change much per serve probably less than 0.1 g net carb serve
That is the best ranch dressing that’s homemade that I have ever tried. Thank you finally somebody has it right. Love it!
Just made this. It’s really good! I added black pepper.
Absolutely yummy!! My best friend loved it and wants me to make it for her too!
Your recipes sound Keto interesting!