An easy Strawberry Ice Cream Popsicle recipe made with wholesome ingredients for a refreshing, creamy treat on hot summer days.
Bonus, these are sugar-free popsicles too sweetened with natural sugar-free sweetener and therefore low in carbs!
What Are Strawberry Ice Cream Popsicles?
Strawberry cream popsicles are creamy popsicles made with fresh strawberries, yogurt, heavy cream, and natural sweetener.
They are healthy strawberry ice cream easy to make with no ice cream maker and ready in only a few hours.
How To Make Strawberry Ice Cream Popsicles
It’s very easy to make strawberry popsicles at home. All you need are a few simple ingredients but, most of all, two essential pieces of equipment.
Equipment for making popsicles at home
First, you must have a food processor or blender to prepare the popsicle batter.
This is essential to pulse the fruits, cream, and yogurt together into a smooth, creamy, fruity mixture.
Next, you must have popsicle molds. These are easy to buy from any shop, but some are more convenient than others.
I recommend popsicle molds with individual popsicles cases.
It means that you will be able to unlock one popsicle at a time from the entire mold, and therefore you don’t have to release the entire popsicle batch when you crave just one!
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
Finally, you need wooden popsicle sticks to insert in each popsicle and release them easily.
Now that your equipment is ready, let’s jump to the recipe ingredient
You need only 6 ingredients to make strawberry ice cream popsicles.
- Full-fat yogurt – I recommend full-fat Greek yogurt. It makes the popsicles creamier and adds a lot of protein to the treats, which turns your ice cream into a nourishing snack. For dairy-free strawberry popsicles, use pure coconut yogurt or soy yogurt, or almond yogurt. Yes, yogurt is a keto-friendly ingredient!
- Heavy cream or canned coconut cream if dairy-free. Learn how to choose keto-friendly cream.
- Sweetener of choice – I used a sugar-free maple-flavored syrup to make sugar-free popsicles, but any liquid sweetener would work if you are not on a keto diet, such as maple syrup or honey. Other keto sweeteners that work here are 1/2 teaspoon of stevia drops or powdered erythritol.
- Sliced strawberry – ripe strawberries make the ice cream even sweeter!
- Lime juice
- Vanilla extract
Now, add all the ingredients in any order to the jug of your blender. Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy.
Finally, fill in the popsicle mold up to the top and add a wooden stick in the center of each popsicle.
Place the popsicle mold in the fridge overnight or long enough to set the popsicles.
The time varies depending on the temperature of your freezer and the size of the popsicle mold. It can take between 4 and 8 hours to be ready.
Remove the popsicle from the main mold. Then, run the mold under warm water and pull out the popsicle from the mold to release.
You can use this recipe to make a variety of ice cream popsicle recipes. Simply replace the strawberries with other fresh fruits like:
- Ripe avocado and add mint extract to make healthy mint popsicle ice cream.
- For a sugar-free topical ice cream – use tropical stevia water drops any low-carb fruit you love.
These homemade strawberry popsicles store up to 5 months in the freezer.
You can also decorate the popsicles with chocolate shells. To do so, release the popsicles from their molds.
Then, dip the frozen popsicles into a tall glass filled with melted dark chocolate chips. Since the popsicles are cold, the chocolate sets and hardens pretty fast.
Finally, return the dipped strawberry ice cream to the freezer on a plate covered with parchment paper.
When the shell is all set, transfer all the popsicles to an airtight container and keep them in the freezer for later.
You can make dairy-free strawberry ice cream popsicles easily. Simply follow the ingredients swap recommendation below:
- Heavy cream – canned coconut cream, shake the can first and then measure the amount called by the recipe.
- Yogurt – the best high-fat dairy-free yogurt is pure coconut yogurt made from coconut cream and probiotics. Other options are soy yogurt or almond yogurt.
Have you made this easy recipe for strawberry popsicles? Share a comment or review below.
Strawberry Ice Cream Popsicle
My MacrosTo get yours, join Sweetashoney Members!
Posted In:Dairy freeEgg-FreeGluten freeKetoVeganVegetarianAlmond MilkHeavy CreamLimeStrawberryNo-BakeDairy-Free OptionEgg-FreeGluten-FreeGrain-FreeKetoLow-CarbVegan OptionVegetarianDessertSnackSummerEasy5 IngredientsUnder 20 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.