Deviled Egg Salad
This Deviled Egg Salad is a high-protein egg salad with crunchy vegetables and a creamy mayonnaise paprika dressing.
Plus, this egg salad is also dairy-free and keto-friendly for a delicious low-carb side to grilling in summer.
I love deviled eggs, but why spend hours garnishing eggs when you can make a quick deviled egg salad to feed a crowd!
This egg salad has all the flavor of deviled eggs but is so much easier to make to feed the whole family for dinner in no time.
How To Make Deviled Egg Salad
If you love egg salads, you will adore this deviled egg salad version that combines the two favorite dishes into one nourishing salad recipe.
All you need to make this egg salad are:
- Boiled Eggs – Feel free to use my air fryer boiled eggs recipe if you like.
- Dill Pickles
- Red Bell Pepper
Boiling The Eggs
First, fill a large saucepan with water to make hard boiled eggs. Bring water to a boil.
Place the fresh eggs in the boiling water.
Boil your eggs into a large saucepan filled with boiling water.
Boil for 15 minutes, then immediately cool down the eggs into an ice bath.
To do so, fill a bowl with cold water and ice cubes. Or make my air fryer-boiled eggs recipe.
Then, peel the eggs under running cold tap water.
Place two eggs on a chopping board and slice them in half lengthwise.
Scoop out the egg yolks from these two eggs and set them aside in a small bowl. You will use this later in the devil dressing.
Roughly chop the remaining eggs and the two cooked egg whites from previous eggs.
Place the egg pieces into another large bowl.
Now, chop thinly celery, red bell pepper, and pickles, and place into the bowl with the chopped egg whites.
Preparing The Deviled Egg Salad Dressing
A deviled egg salad dressing is essentially an egg salad dressing but with some cooked egg yolk mixed in and a stronger touch of paprika.
All you need to make the paprika mayonnaise dressing are:
- Mayonnaise – Either classic mayo or aioli.
- Dijon mustard
- Yolks from the two boiled eggs
- Paprika – you can use smoked paprika for a smoked egg salad flavor
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cayenne Pepper – Season to taste.
- Hot sauce
- Dill or green onion or any fresh herbs you love
Use a fork to mash the two cooked egg yolks.
Then, stir in the remaining dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, paprika, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, hot sauce, dill, and garlic.
Stir the yolk mixture well to bring everything together into a creamy dressing.
Pour the dressing onto the salad bowl.
Stir all the ingredients together until the dressing coat all the chopped eggs and chopped vegetables.
Serve the egg salad as a side dish to smoked cauliflower or grilled meat.
You can also use this egg salad to make an egg salad sandwich recipe.
Egg Salad Sandwich
To use this recipe as a sandwich filling you need:
- Two Slices of your Favorite Bread – Wholemeal bread is a healthy choice or keto bread for a low-carb egg sandwich.
- Tomato Slices
For a toasted sandwich, start by spreading butter on each slice of bread on the outside.
Place the two slices of bread on a plate, butter side down the plate.
Fill the bread with lettuce, egg salad, tomato slices, and more lettuce. Add some cheddar slices if desired.
Slightly toast the sandwich or serve cold.
You can also serve this egg salad into cos lettuce to make cute appetizers or light lunch.
You can customize this egg salad recipe by adding some other vegetables or proteins into it like:
- Chopped Avocado for an avocado egg salad flavor
- Cooked Rotisserie Chicken for a boost of proteins
- Smoked Salmon
- Cherry Tomatoes – chopped
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Jammy Eggs – if you like eggs a lot, you can add even more eggs with a couple of jammy eggs.
This deviled egg salad is naturally:
Below I listed some options to make this recipe if you have some food allergy.
- Mayonnaise-Free – you can swap the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt for a healthier option. It reduces saturated fat and boosts the proteins of your salad.
- Sodium-Free – feel free to skip the salt in the recipe if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can I Store Egg Salad?
Egg Salad can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can I Freeze Egg Salad?
No, the flavor and texture of thawed egg white are not very palatable and it’s not recommended to freeze egg salad.
More Egg Recipes
Below I listed some more egg recipes for you to try:
More Salad Recipes
Below I listed some more healthy salad recipes you may want to try.
Did you try this deviled egg salad recipe? Share a comment or review below.
Deviled Egg Salad
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- 8 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Celery finely chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 3 Pickles also known as Gherkins in the UK. finely chopped.
Devil egg salad dressing
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cooked Egg Yolks from the hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 3 tablespoons Dill finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- ¼ teaspoon Hot Sauce optional
- Boil water in a large saucepan, place fresh eggs, and boil for 14 minutes or use my air fryer boiled egg recipe to boil eggs in the air fryer.
- Cool down immediately in a nice bath: a bowl filled with cold water and ice cubes.
- When the eggs are cooled, peel, and set aside two cooked boiled eggs.
- Slice the two boiled eggs lengthwise and scoop out the yolk. Set aside the cooked egg yolk in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside to make the dressing later in the recipe.
- Chop the remaining boiled eggs, and the left 2 cooked egg whites into chunky pieces. Place in a salad bowl.
- Chop the remaining vegetables into small cubes: celery, red bell pepper, and pickles, and add to the salad bowl with egg pieces.
- In the small bowl, where you mash the cooked egg yolk, stir in the remaining dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, crushed garlic, dill, and hot sauce.
- Fold the dressing into the salad bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve with extra dill and a pinch of dried paprika on top.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
ToolsGetting Started What Is Keto? Macro Calculator Sweetener Converter Meal Plans Recipe Ebooks Intermittent Fasting Keto Fruits Keto Vegetables Keto Flours Fighting Keto Flu Healthy Sweeteners
Posted In:Bell PepperEggMayonnaiseNo-BakeDairy-FreeGluten-FreeGrain-FreeHealthyKetoLow-CarbNut-FreePaleoSugar-FreeVegetarianLunchSide DishEasyUnder 30 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment