Keto Green Smoothie with Collagen Protein Powder
This easy Keto Green Smoothie with avocado is a delicious and creamy dairy-free keto smoothie recipe to start the day!
With only 4 grams of net carbs per drink, this keto spinach smoothie is a great breakfast on the go loaded with collagen protein powder.
How To Make Keto Green Smoothie
What is better to start the day than a fresh green smoothie recipe? Yes, this green smoothie is keto-approved.
It has no banana, no fruits, and only healthy greens! All you need to make a creamy keto green smoothie are:
- Avocado – ripe with no black spots on the flesh, or it will be bitter. Avocado is a delicious keto vegetable to add healthy fat and creamy texture to smoothies.
- Spinach – for an extra touch of greens, fulfilling fiber, and almost no carbs.
- Ice cubes – to make the drink fresh and thicker.
- Almond butter or peanut butter – it also adds thickness to the drink.
- Sugar-free crystal sweetener – monk fruit stevia blend or erythritol or xylitol all work well! This adds sweetness to the drink. I also like to use pineapple stevia drops with unsweetened coconut milk. Read what sweeteners are my favorite for a keto diet.
- Keto vanilla collagen powder or your favorite Keto vanilla protein powder with MCT Oil.
- Unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk.
Making this keto green smoothie is ridiculously easy.
Combine all the ingredients in the jug of a high-speed blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
Adjust the thickness of the smoothie with more almond milk. If it’s too thick, add a tablespoon of almond milk and blend again. If it’s too runny, add a couple of ice cubes.
Transfer the smoothie to a tall smoothie glass and decorate it with cocoa nibs.
If you want to alter the taste of your green smoothie, you can add the following ingredients to the blender:
- Lemon Juice: for a tangy flavor.
- Strawberries or Raspberries: for a sweeter, pinkish smoothie.
- Cucumber: for a boost in freshness.
- Celery: for an almost spicy taste.
- Chia Seeds: for an extra boost of antioxidants.
- Vanilla Extract: for a sweet taste.
- Melted Coconut Oil: for a boost of fat.
Unfortunately, you can’t really store this smoothie. If you leave it to settle, the phases will split and it won’t be enjoyable.
You can definitely swap some of the ingredients in this low carb green smoothie.
- Almond Milk: replace it with unsweetened coconut milk, or unsweetened oat milk. Regular dairy milk is not keto-friendly.
- Almond Butter: you can use any nut butter like peanut butter, or use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free alternative.
- Erythritol: any crystal sweetener will do, so you can also use allulose or your favorite keto sweetener.
- Collagen Powder: you can substitute it with any keto-friendly protein powder.
- Spinach: you can swap the fresh spinach for fresh curly kale.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve listed below the answers to the most common questions about this recipe.
Does It Taste Like Spinach?
No, spinach doesn’t leave any unpleasant flavor in the recipe. It’s really there to make it green and healthy!
When To Drink A Keto Green Smoothie?
This is a delicious keto breakfast replacement, perfect on a busy morning if you rush to work.
It is also a great drink post-workout to refresh and reload your body with healthy fat and proteins.
Can I Take It After A Workout?
Yes, this keto green smoothie recipe comes with more than 15 grams of protein per serving. It’s an excellent source of amino acids.
Is This Keto Green Smoothie Healthy?
With its serving of fresh vegetables, this smoothie packs a punch.
It brings both micronutrients and macronutrients that are good for you:
- Carbs: only 4 grams of net carbs, and almost 5 grams of fiber, making it gut-friendly.
- Protein: as much as 15.7 grams of protein per serving, useful for strong muscles.
- Fat: 19.3 grams of fat
- Vitamin A: 28% of daily value.
- Vitamin C: 4.9mg from the spinach.
- Iron: 1mg
- Magnesium: 78mg
- Zinc: 0.7mg
More Keto Smoothie Recipes
If you love low carb smoothie recipes, or almond milk smoothies you may also like to try my other keto smoothie recipes:
As always, if you made this recipe, share a comment or review below!
Did You Like This Recipe?
Keto Green Smoothie with Spinach and Avocado
Preparation:Under 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.