This Keto Shamrock Shake is so creamy and sweet that no one will guess it is a healthy Shamrock shake. Bonus, this is an avocado-based milkshake!
Yes, there is avocado hidden in there to boost your body with healthy omega-3! Plus, this is a 100% dairy-free keto recipe, too, so keto vegan shamrock shake lover, this has your name on it!
What’s A Keto Shamrock Shake?
A Keto Shamrock Shake is like your classic Shamrock shake but without the carbs.
The classic St Patrick drink is made with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and other sugar-loaded ingredients, it’s therefore not keto-friendly at all.
This avocado spinach smoothie with peppermint extract is the answer. And if you wonder if it tastes like avocado, don’t worry, I promise you, nobody will guess it!
It tastes exactly like the Shamrock Shake recipe you have been craving for. Just think about it: a creamy, smooth, and frothy minty vanilla shake topped with unsweetened whipped cream. Yum!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe is amazing:
- Tastes like a classic Shamrock Shake
- Rich in Vitamin C and Calcium
How To Make Keto Shamrock Shake
Now, let’s see how ridiculously easy you can make this keto avocado smoothie, also known as Keto Shamrock Shake, this 17th of March.
- Avocado – make sure you are using a soft, ripe avocado with no black spot on the skin to avoid bitterness. Avocado is one of the keto-friendly vegetables due to its high amount of fiber.
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk – or unsweetened almond milk.
- Canned coconut cream – this is a keto vegan Shamrock Shake, so I am using dairy-free coconut cream. However, heavy cream will work too!
- Spinach – yes, there is an extra green hidden in this keto shake. I should probably rename this recipe avocado spinach smoothie then. But rest assured, the recipe works without spinach if you are not sure about that. This only adds a boost of green color and can totally be skipped.
- Peppermint extract – for the classic minty flavor of a real Shamrock Shake recipe.
- Erythritol for sugar-free sweetness; use my keto sweetener converter if you want to use a different keto sweetener.
- Ice cubes – this is what makes the difference between an avocado spinach smoothie and a healthy avocado milkshake! The ice cubes combined with ripe avocado mimic the ice cream usually used in milkshakes. Now, you know why this recipe is called healthy Shamrock Shake, right? This said, if you are more into a smoothie texture, less frothy, simply omit the ice cubes!
This keto vegan Shamrock Shake recipe makes a delicious, refreshing breakfast drink or snack. In fact, it contains all the powerful nutrients you need on a keto diet to feel full and energized.
You’ll probably be surprised, but this whole recipe contains only 3.8 grams of net carbs. But, also 53 grams of healthy fat and 6.9 grams of protein to feel full.
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
So if you are craving a sweet luscious smoothie today, St Patrick or not, this avocado milkshake will make you happy.
How To Serve Keto Shamrock Shake
A classic shamrock shake recipe includes whipped cream on top and a glazed cherry. Obviously, those two are sugar-loaded and not keto-friendly.
My option is to use unsweetened whipped coconut cream using the cream from the top of a can of coconut cream. Otherwise, unsweetened whipped cream works if you eat dairy.
Finally, the cherry on top is replaced by raspberry, a low sugar keto-friendly fruit with a touch of red color.
Bonus, if you have lovely shake glasses like this one below, go for it! It will look even closer to a real shamrock shake!
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
If you like simple, healthy, wholesome smoothies, you’ll love these:
If you make this keto Shamrock Shake recipe, don’t forget to leave me a comment or rate the recipe! What I love the most is reading your messages and connecting with you!
And of course, you can also share a lovely picture of your creation with me on Instagram, don’t forget to tag me. I always look through all the photos of your recipes and reply to you!
Keto Shamrock Shake
My MacrosTo get yours, join Sweetashoney Members!
Posted In:Clean EatingDairy freeEgg-FreeGluten freeKetoPaleoVeganVegetarianAlmond MilkAvocadoSpinachNo-BakeDairy-FreeEgg-FreeGluten-FreeGrain-FreeKetoLow-CarbVeganVegetarianBreakfastSnackEasyUnder 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.