Fudgy Avocado Brownies- Sugar free + Gluten Free
I am such a chocolate lover! There is not a week in my house without a chocolate treat. And if you follow me for a while you know how much I adore low carb recipes specially sugar free dessert recipes. But I must say, those Fudgy Avocado Brownies are one of the most surprising sugar free chocolate recipe I ever made. I love using avocado in many recipes but it is the first time I am using it in baking as a butter substitute. It provides an incredible fudgy texture to brownies, no aftertaste at all and help us reach our 5-a-day while enjoying brownies. Yeah! Look at this delicious chocolate batter ! Yum.
Of course, you must use very ripe avocado to avoid lumps and obtain the texture above. If your avocado don’t ripe very well store them near bananas at room temperature for few days. The ethylene that bananas release will ripe the avocado faster. You will quickly end up with nice ripe avocado to make this Fudgy Avocado Brownies recipe.
I used a combo of almond flour and natural sweetener – erythritol – to create those beautiful low carb avocado brownies. After all the yummy food we indulged on during the holidays it is probably better to cut down the carbs.
If you don’t like stevia – I used a brand that combine stevia and erythritol – and you don’t watch the carbs too much simply replace the amount of erythritol by the same amount of coconut sugar in the recipe. It will raise the carbs in the recipe and the recipe will not be sugar free anymore, of course! But it is an option for clean eating foodies that prefer natural sweetener to stevia.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe I wrote and made for you before leaving on maternity leave. You can still write me comments ! I will do my best to reply each weeks while taking care of my newborn. It is summer here and I won’t probably indulge too much on brownie after having my baby. But I know I will crave chocolate and sweet with the lack of sleep so I fill up my freezer with healthy chocolate chia Popsicle instead and make ahead some baking mix of my 2 minutes low carb chocolate mug cake !
Have a lovely day,
WATCH THE LOW CARB FUDGY AVOCADO BROWNIE RECIPE VIDEO AND MAKE IT NOW
Low Carb Fudgy avocado brownies
- 3 oz unsweetened dark chocolate bites (90g) - I used healtheries sugar free stevia chocolate in NZ
- 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup ripe avocado flesh (230g) about 2 medium ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar free crystal sweetener (105g) - blend of Monkfruit/stevia or Erythritol/Stevia
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - optional
Glazing and toppings
- 1/8 cup roasted and salted pecan nuts ,crushed (12 g)
- 1/3 cup sugar free chocolate bites ,melted (40 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt - optional
- Preheat oven to fan-forced 180 C (350F).
- Line a square brownie pan (24 cm x 24cm) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the dark chocolate bites and coconut oil. Bring to medium heat until fully melted. You can also place both ingredients into a bowl and microwave on high by 30 seconds burst until fully melted. Set aside.
- In your food processor with the S blade attachment, add all the brownie ingredients (except the glazing one) in this order: ripe avocado flesh, eggs, erythritol, almond meal, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla. extract and melted chocolate
- Process for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until all the ingredients comes together and you obtain a thick brownie batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared square pan. Spread the batter evenly in the pan using a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- Cool down 10 minutes in the pan before pulling out the brownie from the pan using the parchment paper to pull out the brownie easily.
- Transfer the brownie on a cookie rack to cool down until room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate glazing and toppings. In a small saucepan, under medium heat, melt the sugar free chocolate bites with coconut oil until fully liquid and shiny. Stir often to avoid the chocolate to burn.
- Use a teaspoon to drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the brownie and decorate with crushed pecan nuts and sea salt - optional.
- Cut the brownie in 16 squares and store the brownies in the pantry in an airtight container for up to 4 days.