Ditch the carbs and make this quick and easy Cauliflower Pizza Crust for your next pizza night. This cauliflower pizza crust recipe is also gluten free, grain free and simply divine !
Cauliflower Pizza Crust – A Diabetes-Friendly Pizza Crust
I had no idea that we can make so much healthy recipes using cauliflower. The cauliflower pizza crust is the healthiest pizza crust ever. It contains only 3 ingredients: half grated cauliflower, 1 egg and 1/2 cup of grated cheese – I used italian parmesan. The other good point with this recipe is the time it required. Only 3 minutes of microwave is required to cook the grated cauliflower and few minutes of hand mixing to form the crust.
You are probably wondering how it taste? It actually taste great. Of course it taste like cheesy cauliflower softer than a classic pizza crust but still crusty on the sides. I topped my crust with fresh tomato paste, flat button mushroom, grated mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves. Simple, quick, healthy and so tasty. Another great idea to transform a usually unhealthy dish into a nutritious meal perfect for the whole family, even the small ones. Of course because it is a flourless pizza crust it is also a perfect gluten-free pizza crust option.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Prepare a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spray some oil on top to avoid the crust to stick. Set aside.
- Place the half of the cauliflower florets into a food processor with the S blade attachment. Process for 30 seconds, stop, scrap drown the bottom and sides. Repeat for 30 seconds until all the florets are pulsed into a fine cauliflower rice - it will looks like couscous/semolina. Transfer the cauliflower rice into a microwave safe glass bowl. Process the over half of cauliflower florets until pulsed into rice and transfer into the glass bowl.
- Cover the glass bowl with a microwave safe lid. Microwave for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the microwave with oven mitten - be careful it is super hot!
- Transfer the hot cauliflower rice onto a clean towel. Squeeze as firm as you can to release all the water. Again it is hot so use your oven mitten to avoid burning your hands.
- Open the towel, you should obtain a dry ball of cooked cauliflower rice. Transfer into a bowl, add spices, salt and cheese. Combine with a spatula. The cheese will melt and the cauliflower pizza crust is forming.
- Press the cauliflower crust onto the prepared baking sheet. Press with your hands to form a round pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the borders are crispy. Spread your favorite pizza toppings like tomato sauce, vegetables and extra mozzarella cheese.
- Bake again for 15 minutes until your toppings are cooked and cheese is melted.