Keto Mug Cake – No Eggs
This Keto Mug Cake with no eggs is a moist keto chocolate mug cake recipe to fix your sweet craving with only 3.7 grams of net carbs per serving.
Bonus this keto vegan mug cake recipe is not only egg-free but also dairy-free and gluten-free.
When Valentine’s day is just around the corner or you just want a beautiful, easy, vegan, dessert, this recipe is there to help.
What’s A Vegan Keto Mug Cake?
A vegan keto mug cake is an eggless chocolate cake made of keto flour, and keto sweeteners and baked in a mug in the microwave.
It’s a delicious melt-in-your-mouth sugar-free chocolate cake ready in 90 seconds to fix a quick sweet craving on a vegan keto diet.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These Keto Mug Cake Without Eggs are amazing because they are:
- Ready in 90 Seconds
How To Make Keto Mug Cake With No Eggs
Most keto mug cake recipes contain eggs are a binder.
However, if you are allergic to eggs or on a vegan keto diet, you will appreciate this eggless keto mug cake recipe as a quick snack.
It’s very easy to make a vegan keto cake in a mug.
All you need is an egg replacer that doesn’t add starch or carbs to the recipe and binds the low-carb flours together.
Here are the few basic ingredients you need to make the fudgiest gooey keto vegan mug cake that taste like a keto mug brownie without the eggs!
- Almond Flour or almond meal but almond flour provide the best cake texture, with no grainy, gritty aftertaste.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Sugar-Free Crystal Sweetener – I used Monk fruit golden crystal. You can also use pure Erythritol if you like or white Monk fruit crystal. All of them have no carbs, 100% sugar-free. To learn more about sweeteners, read my top 4 keto-friendly sweeteners.
- Peanut Butter – use my natural peanut Butter recipe or choose one from the grocery store that is keto-friendly. A keto-friendly peanut butter jar doesn’t contain added oil or added sugar, and it works as an egg replacer in this no egg keto mug cake. You can’t skip the peanut butter, or this keto mug cake with no egg won’t come together. However, you can swap it for the same amount of almond butter, tahini, or sunflower seed butter.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – or any dairy-free milk you like, unsweetened coconut milk or hemp milk.
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
Making The Batter
Grease two microwave-safe coffee mugs or ramekins with coconut oil. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar-free crystal sweetener, and baking powder.
Now, in another bowl, add almond milk and peanut butter. Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until the milk is hot enough to easily stir the peanut butter into it.
Finally, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, stirring in the vanilla extract at the end.
When the almond flour mug cake batter is thick and consistent, stir in sugar-free chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter to two microwave-safe coffee mugs or ramekins.
Microwave each mug for 60 to 90 seconds or until the top of your keto vegan mug cake is set, but the center is still gooey and soft like a brownie.
Serving Mug Cakes
Serve this keto dessert recipe with dairy-free vegan keto toppings of choice like:
- Coconut whipping cream
- Coconut yogurt
- Melted sugar-free chocolate
Snack or breakfast
This vegan keto mug cake is a delicious vegan keto treat to fix a sweet craving or a complete breakfast for the day you crave chocolate or something sweet.
Storing Keto Vegan Mug Brownies
Yes, this keto mug brownie batter stores well uncooked!
Place the prepared vegan keto mug cake batter in a bowl, film the bowl with plastic wrap, and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Bake in the oven or microwave just before serving.
However, don’t store a microwaved vegan keto mug cake. It dries out pretty fast and won’t taste good after a few hours.
Taste and texture
This vegan keto mug cake has a strong chocolate cocoa flavor with a gooey, dense chocolate texture very similar to a keto vegan brownie recipe.
It won’t rise and get fluffy, airy like a chocolate cake. It’s more like a vegan keto mug brownie in texture.
Sometimes vegan keto mug cakes come out too dry or too wet. There’s always a reason and a solution to fix that. Let me help you.
- Too dry – microwave power is too high, microwave baking time too long. Spread a good amount of coconut yogurt or melted chocolate on top of your keto mug cake to cover up the dryness. Next time, microwave for less time and increase by 30-second bursts, checking the texture closely as it goes.
- Too wet – the keto vegan mug cake is undercooked, microwave longer by extra 30 seconds burst or increase microwave powder to at least 900W.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Coconut Flour?
No, you can’t use coconut flour in a keto mug cake with no eggs, or the batter will be extremely dry and crumbly.
Can I Cook Mug Cakes In The Oven?
If you don’t have a microwave at home, you can bake this cake in the oven following the instructions below.
Transfer the batter into two greased small oven-proof ramekins.
Bake both ramekins at the same time for 12-18 minutes in preheated oven 350F (180C).
More Vegan Keto Dessert Recipes
If you are on a vegan keto diet and you crave some delicious dessert, I have plenty of other vegan keto dessert recipes for you to try below.
Have you made this keto mug cake recipe with no eggs? Share a comment or review below! I love to hear back from you on my recipes.
Keto Mug Cake No Egg
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- ¼ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Crystal Sweetener
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk lukewarm, microwave 30 seconds
- 2 tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sugar-free Chocolate Chips optional
- Grease two microwave-safe coffee mugs or ramekins with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar-free crystal sweetener, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, add peanut butter and almond milk. Microwave for 20-30 seconds to be lukewarm, then whisk to combine the peanut butter into the milk.
- Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients along with vanilla extract. Next, stir to combine until it forms a thick chocolate cake batter. Stir in sugar-free chocolate chips.
- Split the batter evenly into 2 microwave-safe ramekins. It's crucial to microwave the recipe in 2 separate servings for the best results! It won't hold well together if baked as a single-serve. You can store leftover uncooked batter in the fridge and use it the next day.
- Microwave each ramekin for 60-90 seconds or until set on top but still soft and gooey in the center like a fudgy brownie. Cool them down for 2-3 minutes before eating.
- Read the post above for the oven option.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
ToolsGetting Started What Is Keto? Macro Calculator Sweetener Converter Meal Plans Recipe Ebooks Intermittent Fasting Keto Fruits Keto Vegetables Keto Flours Fighting Keto Flu Healthy Sweeteners
Preparation:Under 10 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment
Can we swap Erithrytol with anything else such as stevia?
Stevia is very strong so maybe use few drops only or if powder form a small pinch 1/8 tsp
This made an excellent birthday breakfast with my keto coffee!! Thank you!!
oh my god! finally! a cake that does that tastes like a damn cake! no coconut flavour, no fake sugar taste (used monkfruit sweetner) and is super easy and simple! this is definitely a recipe i can use over and over again! thank you
I made only half the recipe and used crunchy almond butter instead of PB. I topped it with a bit of whipped cream and it was fantastic! Really chocolate forward, which is what I was craving. Thanks for the recipe!
Just made this and it’s fantastic!! I’ve tried so many mug cakes only to be disappointed,but this is the real deal. I’ll add a few chopped walnuts next time. Only thing I changed was I used regular peanut butter because we didn’t have natural. It’s fine for me as I’m low carb and not keto. Thanks for the recipe.
Thank you !
We love this recipe! My 4yo is keto and allergic to egg, so your website has been heaven sent!
Could I swap the almond milk for either whipping cream or coconut cream? I don’t use enough almond milk to buy a carton.. but I’m always using the two creams.
I am so happy my recipes helps your little one enjoy great food ! You can always swap almond milk by any milk, carton coconut milk has a similar texture, the canned one is very thick and will make baked goods rich but still nice. I hope it helps, XOXO Carine
What can I substitute peanut butter with please?
Almond butter, sunflower seed butter will be fine and keto approved. Enjoy, XOXO Carine
In my microwave, this required a minute and 45 seconds. I’m also going to add a smidgen of sucralose next time around. Overall good, going to tweak a bit.
It depends of you microwave power. My recipes are tested with a 850W microwave. If yours run at 600W you may need to increase baking time indeed. So glad you love this recipe 🙂 Enjoy, XOXO Carine
Made in the microwave as per instructions and worked fine. Didn’t have sweetener so used honey instead. Very rich and a little bitter, but personally really enjoyed it. Would make again, maybe with a scoop of ice-cream on top to balance it.
Thank you so much for the lovely review! I agree, a scoop of sugar-free vanilla ice cream will taste amazing here. XOXO Carine
Love this! Super easy and delicious!!
One of my Favorite Brownie recipes, I use SF non-dairy coffee cream instead of milk, chopped walnuts and or pecans.FIVE star recipe 🙂 !! Thank you for posting, “sharing is caring” !!
Thank you! It made my day to read such a beautiful comment. Enjoy the blog recipes, XOXO Carine
Oh my god, this is the best brownie I had ever had. Thank you.
Yeah! I am SO glad you enjoyed this little brownie and I hope you will try more of my low carb vegan recipes on the blog. XOXO Carine.
Thank you Carine. This is the absolute best brownie/pudding ever. My husband is always asking me when I’m going to make it again and again and again ????
Yeah ! That is a lovely comment, I love when our husband get addict to my low carb recipes. Thanks for sharing my recipe with him. XOXO Carine.
Hi! When baking in the oven, should i bake on the high level or the lowest? Love your all recipe
All recipe must be baked in the center/middle level of your oven except if the recipe instruct you something different. It is at the middle level that the temperature is evenly distributed. Enjoy the brownies. XOXO Carine.
Carine, do you know what the carb count is? I take insulin when I eat anything. Thanks
Hi, yes sure, I just uploaded the nutrition panel after the recipe box. It is for the whole recipe – serve one mug cake. It is calculated with sugar free chocolate chips sweetened with stevia and unsweetened almond milk. Enjoy ! xoxo Carine.
I just made this, but I don’t eat nut butters so I swapped it for melted butter, and I used 1 sachet of stevia and 1 tablespoon coconut sugar. It was gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi Jill ! Such a great alternative to nut butter! I will definitely give it a try. I love mug cakes so easy to fix an afternoon sweet craving 😀 Thanks for following the blog. I hope you found more recipes you like here. See you around! xoxo, Carine.