Low carb peanut butter cookies Almond flour
You know how much I am passionate about cookies right? I am not having a single week without eating a cookie. I also have an obssession with nut butter cookies specially peanut butter cookies ! Gosh they are the BEST cookies. My fudgy chocolate avocado cookies with peanut butter are definitely one of my favorite. But today I am sharing something different. No chocolate, no avocado.
Those low carb peanut butter cookies are crunchy vanilla peanut butter cookies made with 7 simple ingredients:
- Almond meal also know as almond flour or ground almond, all of those works in this recipe
- Peanut butter – always make sure you use unsweetened fresh peanut butter. Old peanut butter jar tend to dry and won’t make as delicious cookies. You can either used salted peanut butter or unsalted peanut butter. If you use salted peanut butter don’t add the extra salt in this recipe.
- Coconut oil – I use unrefined coconut oil, feel free to use refined coconut oil if you don’t like coconut flavor
- Baking soda
- Salt – optional, only if your peanut butter is unsalted
- Sugar free crystal sweetener – I used erythritol in this recipe, feel free to replace by monk fruit sugar if preferred, both options are 100% sugar free and no carbs. If you are paleo, coconut sugar will works too – careful the recipe won’t be low carb anymore!
Easy Egg free Low Carb Cookies !
I know you have been used to add eggs into your peanut butter cookies, and I won’t disagree with that technique to make tasty peanut butter cookies. But, my husband is vegan and I love to share my food with him. What is the point to bake if you can’t share right ? So those are egg free peanut butter cookie. It fit both of our diet: Vegan + Low Carb because sharing food with people I love makes me happy!
So now you wonder why are those low carb peanut butter cookies MAGIC? Well, compared to regular cookies they will be super SOFT when out of the oven. Like really soft, look under cooked and you will think there is NO way this recipe will harden and works! But it does. Those peanut butter cookies are simply egg free, and needs more cooling time than baking time to get crunchy and delicious.
TIPS : LET THEM COOL DOWN !
So this is the only tips I will give you to succeed with those low carb peanut butter cookies.
- Follow the baking time, it is 10 minutes not more. The cookies will be very soft and look undercooked and that is what you want!
- Cool down 10 minutes on the cooking tray. Don’t touch then, start your chrono and wait 10 full minutes. Now they are half hard.
- Cool down 10 minutes on the cooling rack. Transfer gently each cookies on a cooling rack by sliding a spatula under the cookie. Wait 10 minutes and let’s the magic happens!
TADADA! Your cookies are now crunchy, buttery and delicious !
So now, let me know what you think of those easy low carb peanut butter cookies?
Watch the low carb peanut butter cookies recipe and make them now !
Low carb peanut butter cookies almond flour, coconut oil, sugar free. 100% easy keto gluten free cookies with NO eggs (VEGAN).
Preheat oven to fan-bake 350F (180C).
Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients: peanut butter, melted coconut oil, erythritol, almond meal, baking soda, salt and vanilla essence.
Combine with a spatual until it forms a consistent cookie dough.
Divide dough into 8 large cookies (or 12 smaller cookies).
Place each cookie ball on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with your hand palm, then use a fork to flatten more and create a lovely fork print on top of your peanut butter cookies. Those cookies won't expand while baking so no need to leave more than half thumb space between each cookie.
Bake 10 minutes or until sides are golden. The cookies looks uncooked, they are VERY soft after baking and that is what you want !!!
Remove the tray from the oven and let COOL DOWN for at least 10 minutes on the tray, at room temperature. I know this is difficult to believe they will harden but they will ! Don't touch, let's the magic happens.
Now, the cookies are a bit harder, still soft so carefully slide a spatula under each cookie and transfer them one by one, onto a cookie rack to COOL DOWN 10 more minutes. Trust me, it worth waiting! I know it smells good but WAIT for the magic to happen.
After those 20 minutes, the cookies are ready to eat but if you love them crunchy wait until they reach room temperature - should not take more than 20 more minutes. They will end up very crunchy, hard and buttery.
Store in a cookie jar - glass or metal - for up to 2 weeks.
Cool down: Those cookies are mainly made of healthy fat, they don't contains eggs and they need the 2 steps of cool down to get hard and crunchy. Don't skip those steps !
Sugar free sweetener: you can use erythritol or monk fruit sugar in this recipe
Paleo sweetener: coconut sugar will be a great alternative (not sugar free), use same amount as erythritol.
Net carbs : carbs minus fibre = 4.5 per cookies (recipe makes 8 large cookies)
Nutrition panel for one low carb peanut butter cookies almond flour. This recipe makes 8 large cookies.