Cookie Dough Bars : Easy No bake treat
Does weather impact your food cravings? It really does that to me. It is autumn in New Zealand, rainy days, cold weather, all those things trigger sweet cravings to me. Sweet has always been my comfort food and those cookie dough bars are my guilt-free option to quickly indulge on something sweet in the afternoon.
I love easy no bake recipes like those cookie dough bars because they
- don’t required baking skills,
- are made of few ingredients
- are ready in less than 20 minutes
Yes, all you need is 5 simple wholesome ingredients to make those delicious cookie dough bars.
- Almond meal – also known as almond flour both works in this recipe. I used blanched almond meal to keep the color light but un blanched almond meal is a great healthy options to add extra fibres to those bars.
- Coconut flour – you don’t need much of this one but it adds the crumble cookie dough texture to the bar so don’t skip it!
- Sugar free liquid sweetener – many of you ask me what do I use? I am using a natural liquid sweetener made of Monk fruit also called maple flavored sugar free syrup, see here. Monk fruit is a powerful fruit that add sweeteness to food with no carbs, no sugar and barely few calories. It is working the same as regular maple syrup without the sugar, no carbs and it is good for you !
- Peanut butter – I used unsalted peanut butter. Any other nut butter would work well too as soon as it is fresh from the jar. If your peanut butter is hard/dry the bars will be too and, the dough won’t get together. So use fresh peanut butter, runny and no sugar added!
- Sugar free dark chocolate chips – there is plenty of options here, choose the level of cocoa you like. I used sugar free chocolate chips sweetened with stevia.
Taste and texture
Those no bake cookie dough bars has a slightly sweet crumbly peanut butter chocolate chip layer that taste like raw cookie dough ! The chocolate peanut butter layer on top is soft, smooth and melt in your mouth. The blend of both texture and taste provide the best sweet treat experience. A cookie dough square contains 7.2 g protein and only 6 g net carb. That is a fulfilling treat that will fix your sweet craving in a healthy way! Full nutrition panel after the recipe card.
I hope you enjoy this cookie dough bars recipe. I am eating the last square while posting this recipe. I must make more very soon !
Watch the cookie dough bars recipe video and make them now !
Cookie dough bars no bake + keto + vegan
- In a medium bowl add the liquid sweetener and peanut butter .
- Microwave 30 seconds - it will be slightly warm up, stir to combine. Set aside.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour and chocolate chips.
- Stir until fully incorporated. It will form a dough that you can easily shape as a cookie dough ball.
- Transfer the dough into a rectangle loaf baking pan covered with a piece of parchment paper. (my loaf pan is a 9 inch x 5 inches X 1.8 inches)
- Press the dough with your hands to cover all the bottom of the pan. Ue a spatula to make the surface flat and smooth. Freeze while you prepare the chocolate layer.
- In a bowl add the sugar free dark chocolate and nut butter. Melt by 30 seconds burst in the microwave stirring between to avoid the chocolate to burn. It should not require more than 90 sec. Stir well to combine and form a shiny melted chocolate mixture.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer, pour the melted chocolate onto the bar. Use a spatula to spread the layer evenly. Freeze again for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate layer is set.
- Cut into bars using a sharp knife. You can warm the knife blade slightly to make the cutting even easier. This recipe makes 8 square bars.
- Store the bars in the fridge in a airtight plastic container or plastic bag for up to 10 days!