Keto Cheese Cups (2 Ingredients, No Carbs)
Keto Cheese Cups are simple taco cups made with only 2 ingredients and you can fill them with any food you love!
They make delicious low-carb appetizers for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or game day.
Are Cheese Cups Keto?
Yes! As long as you follow my recipe that only uses low-carb cheese, cheese cups are absolutely keto, so they won’t take you out of ketosis on your keto diet journey!
Use the recipe to make mini keto taco bowls!
How To Make Cheese Cups
These keto cheese cups are simply made of a combo of 2 kinds of cheese, it’s all it takes! No breadcrumbs and no flour is required for the cups.
- Parmesan – a low-carb cheese that adds both a great texture and a classic taste.
- Old Mature Cheddar – cheddar melts easily and dries well in the oven to make crispy cups.
The combination of both cheese flavors is absolutely delicious and creates the cutest keto cheese bowls to fill with any food.
Low-carb cheese cups are one of the easiest keto appetizer recipes. All you need is:
- Cheese Grater – I choose a combo of grated Parmesan and old mature cheddar. Other ideas are Emmental, Gouda, Edam, or Mozzarella.
- Parchment Paper – this is very important to prevent the cheese from sticking to the baking dish.
- A mini muffin tray – not used to bake but instead to cool down the cups in a cup shape.
First, grate your cheese with a box grater or with your food processor whichever is easier to clean up afterward. Don’t add salt as Parmesan is naturally salty.
Place a small amount of cheese, about 1 tablespoon onto the parchment paper.
Next, melt in the oven for 4 minutes.
Finally cool down on a mini muffin baking tray.
The taco cheese cups are soft at first and will crisp as they cool down.
Filling The Cheese Cups
You can fill these taco cheese cups with anything you love.
My favorites are:
- Caesar salad cup – fried chicken in almond flour with sour cream, lettuce, and tomato.
- Taco meat – ground beef cooked in taco seasonings.
- Meatballs – my meatballs are delicious in there.
- Guacamole and crushed almonds – my guacamole recipe is perfect for this.
- Salsa Sauce – for a keto-friendly option, try my keto salsa recipe.
Make your filling and place it in your cups while they’re still hot. Sprinkle some salt and pepper, chili powder, paprika, and fresh cilantro on the taco cups.
For a cheesier taste, add some more fresh cheddar cheese on the top.
You can prepare the taco cheese cups in advance the day before.
Store them in the fridge in an airtight container until you need to use them.
More Quick Appetizer Recipes
I hope you enjoy this lovely appetizer recipe! Leave a comment or tag me on Instagram with your own creation! I love seeing your ideas too! Enjoy!
Keto Cheese Cups
Want My Kitchen Equipment?
- ¾ cup Grated Cheddar
- 2 cups Shredded Parmesan
Caesar Salad Filling
- ¼ Chicken Breast
- 1 Egg , beaten
- ½ Romaine Lettuce finely shredded
- 4 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Cover a cooking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the 2 sorts of cheese.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto the cooking tray covered with parchment paper. Slightly flatten with your fingers. Repeat until no more cheese left, leaving 1 thumb space between each spoon of cheese. The cheese melt and expand slightly so this prevents the cups from sticking to each other. You should be able to form about 25 cups.
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes until the cheese is melted and the border of the cups are slightly brown.
- Prepare a 24-hole mini muffin pan on your benchtop. Flip over the muffin pan, the bottom of the muffin tray facing you.
- Using a small spatula, unstick each cooked cheese layer – one at a time. Be careful it is very hot and soft!
- Carefully place it on top of the muffin pan and press slightly with your fingers to create a cup shape. You don't have to press much as the melted cheese is very soft and it will coat the muffin tray very easily, ending up in a cup shape after fully cool.
- Place the pan in the fridge to firm up – it takes about 10 minutes.
- Repeat the cooking/cup shaping process until no batter left.
- This recipe makes between 25-30 mini cheese cups.
Caesar Salad Filling
- Warm coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Dice the chicken breast into 25 pieces. Roll every piece into beaten egg, then into almond meal until fully coated.
- Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes on both sides until golden and crispy.
- Cool down on a plate covered with absorbent paper to remove the excessive oil used while frying the chicken.
- In a bowl prepare the dressing. Combine the yogurt with crushed garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Place each parmesan cups into the muffin tin – it makes the filling easier but you can also place them on a plate if preferred. Garnish with shredded romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, yogurt dressing, and end up with the crispy chicken.
- Serve while the chicken is hot to add crispiness to each bite. If too much dressing serves as a side as a dip.
- You can prepare the cups in advance the day before. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container until you need to use them.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
ToolsGetting Started What Is Keto? Macro Calculator Sweetener Converter Meal Plans Recipe Ebooks Intermittent Fasting Keto Fruits Keto Vegetables Keto Flours Fighting Keto Flu Healthy Sweeteners
Preparation:Under 30 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.
Share this post!
If you enjoyed this post, share it with your close ones!
Leave a comment
Love it ! we added minced beef in our cups, not as cute but so tasty ! thanks for this simple recipe
Insanely crispy and tasty ! thanks for this low carb bites, it was a great birthday food.
We made this few times with different fillings. This is delicious and so beautiful !
Hi Maya, nice to meet you and your lovely blog! your very welcome to post your yummy low carb recipes on my board anytime! Have fun pinning your great stuff! Carine.