Crustless Zucchini Quiche
This Crustless Zucchini Quiche recipe is the most convenient keto breakfast on the go, baked in jumbo muffin tins!
You will love the combo of egg, zucchini, pesto, and Parmesan. Bonus, this single-serve crustless quiche freeze really well too to meal prep your next keto breakfast.
What’s A Crustless Zucchini Quiche?
A Crustless Zucchini Quiche is a quiche with no crust! They are the perfect keto quiches since they don’t have the carb from the wheat crust.
Although there are a few ways to bake a crustless zucchini quiche, it can be baked in a large 9-inch quiche pan or in muffin trays for a single-serve breakfast.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This crustless zucchini quiche recipe is amazingly tasty but it’s also:
- Dairy-Free Option
- Ready In 30 Minutes
How To Make Crustless Zucchini Quiche
This is a muffin tray recipe which means that each crustless quiche is baked in a jumbo 8-hole muffin tray.
You only need a handful of healthy, wholesome ingredients to make it.
- Zucchini – Zucchinis are keto-friendly vegetables. They need to be cut or shaved in thin ribbons to make it easy to shape the quiches. And more zucchinis will be used to make a low-carb pesto mixture.
- Onion – for the pesto mixture. I prefer to use yellow onions, but you can use red onions if you prefer.
- Pesto – you can either buy it ready-made or make your own low-carb pesto. All you need is olive oil, fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and pine nuts. Ground the lot to make keto pesto.
- Eggs – pick large, free-range eggs. Eggs are keto-friendly ingredients.
- Almond Milk – prefer unsweetened, unflavored almond milk. You can replace almond milk with any other dairy-free milk such as oat milk, or coconut milk.
- Parmesan – Parmesan is one of the keto-friendly cheeses.
It is a very convenient recipe to create a single-serve keto breakfast with the same carbs per serving.
First, you need to prepare the zucchini, peeling then lengthwise with a vegetable peeler, and create a ribbon.
The zucchini ribbons act as the crust. It is the trick to making a single-serve crustless quiche that holds in one hand.
Below, you can see how to arrange the zucchini ribbons in the muffin holes to ensure they are fully covered.
Next, prepare the filling by cooking some grated zucchini along with the pesto. You can also make my Spinach Pesto.
Finally, combine the cooked zucchini with egg almond milk batter and filled each hole with the filling.
It is better to serve these crustless zucchini quiche hot. However, you can also store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze them in an airtight container.
To rewarm your crustless zucchini quiche, you can:
- Pop them in the microwave for 1 minute – not the best as the egg texture gets a bit chewy, but if you are at work, it is a way to do it!
- Bake them at 250°F (120°C) for 10-12 minutes until warm in the center.
More Keto Zucchini Recipes
Have you make these Crustless Zucchini Quiches? Share your picture with me on Instagram.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Crustless Zucchini Quiche with Pesto and Parmesan
Preparation:Under 30 Minutes
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.