Keto Pop Tarts – Strawberry Low-carb Pastry
These Keto Pop Tarts are a keto pastry recipe with a delicious buttery, flaky texture filled with strawberry chia seed jam.
Plus, these homemade strawberry pop tarts are vegan, gluten-free, and paleo.
What Are Keto Pop Tarts?
A keto pop tart is a single-serve low-carb pastry with a buttery, flaky dough filled with sugar-free jam or cream cheese.
They are delicious for breakfast or dessert with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This Keto Pastry recipe is amazing because it is:
- Truly Flakey
- Dairy-Free Option
- Vegan Option
- Ready In 30 Minutes
How To Make Keto Pop Tarts
Let’s face it, most low-carb pastry doughs are very fragile and break up easily when rolling.
I am sharing with you a no-fail keto pastry dough that rolls perfectly and won’t break!
The key is to use xanthan gum and not eggs! Keep reading to see all the ingredients you need to make this perfect keto pie dough.
- Almond flour – you absolutely need to use fine blanched almond flour. Learn how to choose your keto flours.
- Coconut flour – fresh with no lumps. Coconut flour contains a huge amount of fiber that is highly moisture-absorbent. It means that if you are using an old bag of coconut flour, it may have lumps, and it would make it difficult to measure precisely. Break any lump, pack, and level your cup to measure this precisely.
- Butter – or dairy-free vegan butter, melted. Learn why butter is a keto-friendly dairy product.
- Xanthan gum
- Apple cider vinegar – or lemon juice
- Unsweetened almond milk – or unsweetened coconut milk.
- Sugar-free crystal sweetener – erythritol, monk fruit stevia blend, or allulose – learn why I’m recommending these keto-friendly sweeteners. The recipe works unsweetened as well!
Gluten-free Pop Tart Recipe
This recipe is also gluten-free as it is only using wheat-free low-carb flour.
Bonus, if you are using dairy-free butter, the recipe makes delicious keto vegan pop tarts as well, so everyone can share!
Rolling The Dough
The dough is stickier than wheat-based pastry dough.
Therefore, you must roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper or silicone mats.
This will prevent the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
Best Keto Pop Tart Fillings
My favorite flavor is keto strawberry pop tarts, but raspberry and blueberry taste amazing too. Other ideas are:
- Cream cheese – warm cream cheese with sugar-free crystal sweetener. Spread in the pastry with some fresh berries on top. Cream cheese is perfectly keto-friendly!
- Fresh berries – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. They will cook in the oven and naturally create a fruit compote in the pastry.
- Curd or custard
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I use this low-carb pastry dough for?
This all-purpose flaky keto pastry dough is very flexible and easy to roll without breaking. It that can be used for:
How Many Carbs In Keto Pastry?
This Keto Pastry recipe brings only 6.6 grams of net carbs per pop tart serving.
Made these keto pop tarts yet? Share a picture with me on Instagram.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Keto Strawberry Pop Tarts
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.