Sugar-free lemon pie – a delicious low-carb lemon pie with coconut flour pie crust and sugar-free lemon curd. 100% Gluten-free, paleo, keto. A low-calorie lemon pie perfect for a light fresh dessert to serve with fresh strawberries or a sugar-free meringue.
Sugar-Free Lemon Pie with Coconut Flour Pie Crust
Lemon Curd pies have always been my favorite dessert. However, it took me 6 months before I managed to make the perfect sugar-free lemon pie. This recipe has been tested on my French friends and they love it.
The sugar-free lemon curd is not acidic, perfectly sweet – simply sweetened with sugar-free crystal sweetener – I used erythritol or sometimes monk fruit sugar. I won’t lie to you, I have been a bit lazy and I did not squeeze fresh lemons.
Instead, I used freshly squeezed lemon from a pack – a lovely natural 100% squeeze lemon juice. What I love about this new recipe is the crust! I made an easy 4-ingredient coconut flour pie crust ready in 5 minutes in my food processor.
It is THE healthy pie crust I am using for any low carb keto pie. Full recipe on the blog here.
Sometimes, I love to add a tiny bit of fresh vanilla to the dough. Very optional but it is a simple addition that makes a big difference. Coconut goes so well with lemon!
I am wondering why I waited so long to eat sugar-free! These new clean eating recipes are way tastier than the french dessert recipes I used to make. And they are guilt-free.
Making the sugar-free lemon pie
You can make this sugar free lemon pie with different toppings. The meringue is not difficult to create without sugar.
Are you new to Keto?
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
If you buy a good sugar-free crystal sweetener like erythritol or monk fruit sugar it will work like a charm. Note that on the picture below I used my Low Carb Almond Flour Pie Crust recipe – that’s why it is not as white and shows you a different option!
Honestly, I don’t do a meringue each time. Sometimes I love to simply serve the sugar lemon pie with a sprinkle of unsweetened desiccated coconut and freshly grated lemon zest.
Or, in summer I am adding fresh strawberries and a drizzle of sugar-free chocolate.
If you still want to do the meringue, I recommend preparing it just before serving the pie. I have a blow torch to burn the surface and keep the meringue soft.
But you can also bring the sugar-free lemon pie back in the oven for a few minutes on grill mode to brown the top.
Watch the recipe video and make it now!
More keto pie recipes
Enjoy the recipe,
Sugar-Free Lemon Pie
My MacrosTo get yours, join Sweetashoney Members!
Sugar free Lemon curd
- ½ cup Lemon Juice or juice of about 5 small lemons
- 2 Egg
- 2 Egg Yolk keep egg white for meringue
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup Erythritol erythritol or monk fruit sugar
Soft sugar free meringue frosting
- 2 Egg White
- ¼ cup Erythritol
Coconut Flour Pie Crust
- Prepare the Coconut flour Pie Crust following my blog recipe.
Sugar-Free Lemon Curd
- Whisk the lemon juice, sweetener, eggs, and egg yolks together in a saucepan.
- Bring to medium heat and add the coconut oil or butter, stirring continuously, to prevent the eggs from cooking and scramble.
- When the coconut oil is melted, increase the heat to medium-high, keep stirring until it thickens up.
- When thick, remove from heat and transfer into a bowl to cool down at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Fill in the coconut flour pie crust with the lemon curd. Refrigerate the lemon pie for at least 2 hours to firm up.
Sugar-free meringue frosting
- Before serving, add the meringue.
- In a bowl whisk the egg white until it starts producing a good volume. Usually 30 seconds on high speed.
- Keep whisking on high speed and slowly add the sugar-free crystal sweetener of your choice.
- After 1 minute and 30 seconds, the meringue should be really fluffy and triple its volume.
- Turn the bowl upside down to check if the meringue is ready. If it sticks to the bowl, transfer on the lemon curd pie. If it doesn't stick, keep whisking.
- Torch the top of the meringue or place 2 minutes in the oven with the grill on until the top is slightly brown.
The nutrition panel is for one lemon pie slice with meringue on top using 100% sugar-free sweetener. This recipe makes an 8-inch, 8 slice pie.
This post has been updated on 23/11/2017.
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.