Keto Blueberry Pie with Chia Seed Jam
This Keto Blueberry Pie is a healthy sugar-free sweet pie with chia seed jam and almond flour walnut crust.
A delicious low-carb gluten-free dessert, 100% paleo, vegan, and dairy-free.
What’s A Keto Blueberry Pie?
A Keto Blueberry Pie is a low-carb version of the classic pie. Its crispy almond and walnut crust is 100% gluten-free, low carb, and simply the best pie crust ever!
The keto blueberry filling is loaded with antioxidants from blueberries and chia seeds, simply sweetened with natural sugar-free sweeteners to cut out the calories, and carbs without cutting on flavor.
Why You’ll Love The Recipe
This Keto Blueberry Pie is amazing because it’s:
How To Make A Keto Blueberry Pie
This Keto Blueberry Pie is similar to the Linzertorte. A Linzertorte is a crusty pie made with a nut crust using almonds, walnuts, and lots of sugar.
The pie is usually filled with blueberry jam. Then the leftover crust is used to design a cross on the top of the pie.
Below is the crust I developed made with a mixture of whole walnuts, almond meal, and coconut flour.
I sometimes bake the crust in small dishes, as you can see below, or in a larger pie pan for a family-size keto blueberry pie.
- Walnuts – the keto pie crust is made with walnuts as one of the main ingredients. It brings a delicious taste and texture to the pie.
- Almond Flour – Almond Flour is a great keto-friendly flour. It’s low in carbs and high in fiber and has an almond flavor that enhances sweet recipes.
- Coconut Flour – Coconut flour is another keto-friendly flour with even more fiber than almond flour. It’s also rich in micronutrients and is great to make a dry and crumbly dough.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut Oil is solid at room temperature and it’s better to pick an unrefined version.
- Egg – Eggs are keto-friendly ingredients that provide the binding in this recipe.
- Crystal Sweetener – I prefer to use erythritol as a sugar-free crystal sweetener in most baking recipes. You can also use allulose, xylitol, or tagatose depending on what is the most gut-friendly for you.
- Blueberries – Blueberries are not the lowest-carb fruit, but with a reasonable quantity, it’s possible to make pies, like this keto blueberry pie, that are still keto-friendly.
- Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are superfoods loaded with nutrients and low in carbs that are delicious in many recipes, from overnight chia puddings to raspberry jam.
Making The Stars
I used the leftover dough to design a star shape on the top of the pie. The texture of the dough is a bit more crumbly than the usual recipe, but it is really malleable like play dough, so it is still easy to use.
I highly recommend using a removable bottom pan to easily unmold the crust from the pan without breaking the crust. I filled the pie with a homemade blueberry chia seed jam.
You can store this Keto Blueberry Pie at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for 4 days.
It’s possible to freeze it when it has been sliced and keep the slices in the freezer in individual containers for up to 3 months.
Posted In:Clean EatingDairy freeGluten freeKetoPaleoVegetarianAlmond FlourBlueberryChia seedsCoconut FlourCoconut OilEggBakingDairy-FreeGluten-FreeKetoLow-CarbPaleoVegetarianBreakfastDessertIntermediate
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.