Keto zucchini waffles are cheesy almond flour waffles, 100% gluten-free with only 2.3 grams of net carbs per serving. They are delicious savory keto breakfast, or light dinner served with cream cheese and lettuce.
Keto Zucchini Waffles – cheesy almond flour waffles
There is nothing easier than keto waffles, and even the non-keto eaters will devour these savory waffles in no time. All you need to make the most delicious crispy zucchini waffles are:
- Zucchini – grated, skin on to ad fiber. Make sure you squeeze out the extra juice from the zucchini before adding it to the batter, or they release juice, and the water gets too moist. Zucchini is one of the best keto-friendly vegetables!
- Cheese – I love a combo of parmesan and mozzarella, but mature cheddar would work as well. Just make sure to pick a keto-friendly cheese!
- Garlic powder or fresh garlic
- Almond flour or almond meal – both work. Learn more about keto-friendly flours with my guide!
Can I use something other than zucchini?
Yes, you can make these keto waffles with chopped spinach or chopped kale. Both are low-carb vegetables that go very well with these cheesy waffles.
How to serve zucchini waffles?
Zucchini waffles make delicious breakfast or light keto dinner. They are delicious on their own or topped with guacamole, cream cheese, or bacon.
More keto zucchini recipes
Zucchini is one of the best low-carb vegetables to cook on a keto diet. I recommend trying the following keto zucchini recipes:
Share a comment or review below if you enjoyed this low carb waffle recipe !
Keto Zucchini Waffles
My MacrosTo get yours, join Sweetashoney Members!
To grease the waffle iron
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil or olive oil
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Wash and cut the extremities of the zucchinis. Discard them.
- Grate the zucchinis using a grater - the thinner, the better. Squeeze out the extra water with your hands and measure the quantity of grated zucchini required by the recipe. Discard the zucchini water or keep for another recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, eggs, grated parmesan, mozzarella, garlic powder, salt until it forms a batter.
- Stir in the grated zucchini. Combine until all the grated zucchini are covered with the batter.
- Brush some coconut oil or vegetable oil on the waffle iron.
- Spoon the batter into the hot waffle iron and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the outside is crispy.
- Serve hot topped with mashed avocado, cream cheese, or bacon, and lettuce on the side for a light dinner.
- Can be precooked 4-5 hours before eating. Store on a rack covered with foil.
- Rewarm until crispy and hot when ready to heat.
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.