I also added shredded coconut on the top before baking the bars. The texture of these bars is dense and soft which is probably because I used coconut flour.
Do not you like to bite a treat and have melted chocolate in your mouth ?
I stored them for 5 days into a metallic box. After 3 days the raspberry released some moisture into the bars so I would recommend to eat them within 3 days for a best taste.
Some picture below to illustrate the different steps of the recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 tablespoons of stevia powder
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder gluten free
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries + 10 raspberries to decorate
- 60 g dark chocolate 85% cocoa – diced
- 40 g shredded coconut + 15 g to decorate
Preheat oven to 160 C
Mix the eggs, vanilla bean and stevia until light and creamy.
Pour in the melted coconut oil and mix well.
Add the coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and mix until combined.
Fold in raspberry and diced dark chocolate.
Pour the mixture onto a greased rectangle mould and sprinkle the 15 g of shredded coconut on the top.
Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Cool down before eating.
Decorate with extra shredded coconut and raspberries if you like.