This recipe is part of the dinner I prepared for my 5 years union celebration. Those gluten free corn tortillas are very soft and easy to prepare. If you are using a very hot non stick pan they will puff becoming super light and fluffy. You can then filled them with any kind of meat or vegetables.
I prepared the dough with a mix of cornmeal and gluten free plain flour. I used Edmonds brands in New Zealand but any kind of gluten free plain flour should work too.
The result is simply delicious and very fulfilling. I made 8 gluten free corn tortillas with this recipe and we did not eat all of them. So I wrapped them into a clean towel and we had them for lunch the next day filled with raw veggie, a bit of cheese and I toasted the tortilla into a sandwich toaster. It was delicious.
SUCCESS CLEAN EATING IN JUST 2 WEEKS !
Are you ready to reduce the amount of processed food you eat?
Want to lose those extra pounds to feel good?
Success As you can see my ebook contains all the organisation sheets you need to Success The Clean Eating Diet in Just 2 Weeks no matter How Busy you are ! is a collection of more than 85 printable sheets* to successfully start a clean eating diet and reboot your health no matter how busy you are.
- 20 + Clean Eating Recipes
- 2 Week Meal Plan
- 2 Week Shopping List
- Personal Goal Tracker
- Chic & Elegant Recipe Binders
- … and more
GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY ULTIMATE CLEAN EATING BINDER HERE
Gluten free Corn Tortillas
- In a food processor or in a large mixing bowl, place the flours and salt.
- Add the water and process until the batter comes together and forms a ball.
- If you do not have a food processor use your hands to knead the dough until a ball forms.
- If the dough is slightly sticky you may have to add slightly more gluten free flour to form the dough.
- Wrap the dough into a plastic film wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes before rolling.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls of same sizes.
- Roll each ball onto baking paper until thin as a tortilla.
- Warm a non stick pan for 2-3 minutes. I used tefal crêpière pan of 28 cm which really help the tortilla to puff. Do not add any oil. The pan has to be very warm to ensure a puffy wrap.
- Place the wrap onto the pan and cook for 2 minutes on one side.
- Flip over on the over side for 1 more minute then flip over again. It is at this stage that the wrap should puff. If not, it is probably because the pan is not warm enough. Let puff few seconds and remove from the pan.
- Place the tortilla onto a plate and repeat for the next tortilla until all cooked.
- You can store them 2 days into a towel.