What’s Ground chia seed pudding
You probably have heard of chia seed pudding. I shared with you an easy 4 ingredients chocolate chia seed pudding long time ago. Chia seed are the perfect little gem to create healthy low carb sticky pudding without using thicker like corn flour. The classic chia seed pudding consist of soaking chia seed overnight in almond milk. While I love it, I hate waiting so long for a dessert – my sugar craving are instant I need to fix it quickly, and my kids don’t enjoy lumpy, slippery chia seed pudding.
That is how I came up with a ground chia seed pudding recipe.
- No waiting/ soakin time – enjoy the pudding within 10 minutes
- No lumpy, slippery seed texture
My favorite flavor: a chocolate peanut butter ground chia seed pudding. All you need to make this lovely dessert are 7 ingredients:
- Chia seeds – black or white or a combo of both. Any kind of chia seeds will work well. You can buy whole chia seed and grind them in a grinder or blender. Or directly buy ground chia seed. I am providing both measurement in the recipe below as ground chia seed make a larger volume than raw chia seeds.
- Almond milk – I using original Almond Breeze Almond Milk. I love it! It is low calories, natural and vegan
- Peanut butter – I love runny unsalted peanut butter, no sugar added. Feel free to use any other nut butter flavor if you are paleo try runny slamond butter or cashew butter.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – this add the lovely chocolate flavor without sugar added
- Sugar free liquid sweetener – as always I love to use maple flavored sugar free syrup. I am using a brand that can be used as same amount as regular maple syrup. it means that if you are not on a sugar free diet you can replace by the same amount of natural maple syrup in the recipe. You can also use sugar free crystal sweetener like erythritol or monk fruit. I would recommend to use the same amount as for liquid syrup, 1/4 cup and to balance the texture by adding an extra 2-4 tablespoons of almond milk. Stop when it reach your favorite texture.
- Vanilla – optional but always better with it
- Salt – same, optional but I love that extra pinch of salt to balance the chocolate flavor. Omit if you are using salted peanut butter.
Fastest low carb dessert ever ! this is an instant chia seed pudding
YES, you can eat this chia seed pudding straight away. No need to soak overnight or wait for hours! As you ground the chia seeds at first they deliver their gel-power instantly. Your pudding can be enjoyed as fast as 10 minutes. Of course, it taste even better if stored 1 hour in the fridge as the pudding will get fresher and slightly thicker. But if you are craving dessert this is the fastest low carb dessert ever !
Play with the texture
The recipe below create a smooth chocolate peanut butter pudding, not overly sticky or liquid. Just the right balance. If you love yours thicker and chewier add less milk – decrease by 1/4 cup and add extra 1 tablespoon at a time, blend, taste and see! That’s the best way to create the perfect texture to your tastebud! Of course, for a runnier pudding add more milk !
I hope you enjoy this lovely instant chia seed pudding recipe made with almond milk.
Watch the ground chia seed pudding recipe video and make it now !
Ground chia seed pudding with Almond milk is a smooth chocolate peanut butter healthy dessert or breakfast. Easy, gluten free, vegan, low carb, keto and whole 30 !
- 2/3 cup chia seed whole, black or white or 1 cup ground chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cup original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup or any liquid sweetner you like (maple syrup, agave, brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Place the chia seed into a blender and blend for about 20 seconds to form ground chia seeds.
Add all the rest of the ingredients - order doesn't matter.
Blend again for 30 seconds-1 minute until all the ingredients comes together. If it stick to the side of the blender, you can stop the blender every 30 seconds, scrap down the side, and repeat until smooth. You can't over process it!
Taste and adjust texture and sweetness. Add more almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time for a runnier pudding. This may be useful if you replace the sugar free liquid sweetener by crystal sweetener (erythritol or monk fruit sugar).
Transfer into ramekin or serving jar. Decorate with a dollop of fresh peanut butter, drizzle melted sugar free dark chocolate and chopped peanuts.
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for at least 1 hour for a fresher pudding.
Store up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Sweetener: any liquid sweetener works in this recipe. I recommend sugar free liquid sweetener (see details here) but if you are not on a low carb/keto diet replace by same amount of regular maple syrup or brown rice syrup.
Nutrition panel is for one pudding using sugar free maple syrup. Recipe makes 6 servings.
This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze Made from the best California Almonds and I received a compensation to develop this recipe but note that I only recommend product I love and trust on this blog. Thank you.