Healthy mug brownie – Sugar free dessert
This single serve dairy free mug brownie made with unsweetened cocoa powder and almond milk is the perfect sugar free dessert to fix your sugar craving in less than 5 minutes with only few calories.
It is a very easy single serve recipe made of 5 simple ingredients:
- Oat flour – it is easy to make your own! Ground rolled oats or jumbo oats in your grinder or blender until a thin powder form. Oat flour is a very healthy flour made of 11 % fiber, your gut will thank you for that ! It is not as low carb as almond flour or coconut flour – if you prefer a low carb chocolate mug recipe try my low carb chocolate mug cake here – BUT it is a really healthy medium carb flour alternative to enjoy a sugar free dessert safely.
- Sugar free crystal sweetener – I am using monk fruit sugar or erythritol. Both contains ZERO sugar, ZERO carbs and few calories
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – the best way to had a chocolate flavor without adding sugar in your dessert
- Unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Milk – that is my favorite dairy free milk, it is lactose free, low calorie and no sugar added!
- Sugar free chocolate chips – this is optional but it adds a lovely melted chocolate texture on top of your healthy mug brownie. I am using stevia sweetened chocolate chips.
- Baking powder – it gives a little raise to the brownie, don’t skip it !
- Vegetable oil – feel free to use what you have got on hands! I love melted coconut oil.
Microwave or oven baked
While I love to quickly bake my healthy mug brownie in my microwave, I know that not everyone has one. But I got you covered, you can also bake this recipe in a regular oven at 180 C (350F) for 15 minutes. My tips if you are using a microwave:
- Use a microwave safe mug or ramekin. Don’t use silicon or plastic.
- Set up the microwave on the highest power
- Microwave first for 1 minute then adjust by 10 seconds burst until it reach your favorite consistency. I always microwave mine for 1 minute 30 seconds
How to serve your healthy mug brownie?
I recommend you to cool down at least 3-5 minutes before eating your mug brownie. It will very hot when out of the microwave and this prevent burning yourself. I love to serve mine with an extra scoop of coconut cream ice cream and a drizzle of melted sugar free chocolate. Well, that extra will go over the base calories but sometimes it does not matter right?
Watch the healthy mug brownie recipe video and make it now !
(Can’t see the video ? disable your ad blocker! )
Enjoy the healthy mug brownie!
Healthy mug brownie
- 3 tablespoon oat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Sugar free Crystal Sweetner - Monk Fruit
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil - I used avocado oil but melted coconut oil is great too
- 1 teaspoon sugar free dark chocolate chips - optional
- In a small bowl or directly in your mug add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips - if used.
- Combine with a fork or a small whisk until the batter is consistent and shiny.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top if you like. I used stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minutes - 1 minute 20 s. Depending on your microwave and taste bud you may want the extra 20 seconds. First go for 1 minute, check and see. Mine is still a little bit on runny on the border after 1 minute but I actually like it this way as well. Play with the cooking time to create different cake texture!
Nutrition panel is for one healthy mug brownie. This recipe serve one healthy mug brownie.
This recipe is sponsored by Almond Breeze Made from the best California Almonds and I received a compensation to develop this recipe but note that I only recommend product I love and trust on this blog. Thank you.