Cucumber Avocado Salad (10-Minute Lunch)
This 5-ingredient cucumber avocado salad is a healthy recipe for a quick lunch or side to BBQ meat.
This easy salad recipe is also a vegetarian recipe perfect for those looking for meat-free recipes.
How To Make Cucumber Avocado Salad
A cucumber avocado salad is one of the easiest salads to make for a quick light lunch or to serve as a side to grilled meat.
All you need to make a simple cucumber salad with avocado are:
- English cucumber – feel free to peel your cucumber if you like, but keeping the cucumber skin adds texture and fiber to your salad.
- Ripe avocado – make sure your avocados are not overripe, with no dark spot on the flesh, or it will add a bitter aftertaste to your salad.
- Cherry tomatoes – cucumber, tomato, and avocado salads are the best! Of course, for fewer carbs, you can skip the tomatoes, but the combination of the three keto vegetables tastes amazing.
- Pine nuts – that the secret ingredients to add a crunchy, nutty flavor to this keto avocado cucumber salad! You can replace it with any seeds or nuts you like, but pine nuts are very low in carbs and add the best taste to this salad.
- Fresh herb of choice – Italian flat parsley or mint or cilantro.
First, trim the cucumber ends and chop them into cubes. Feel free to peel the cucumber entirely, halfway or not, based on your preferences. Place the chopped cucumbers onto a large bowl. Set aside.
Then, chop the tomatoes in quarters and add them to the mixing bowl with the cucumber cubes.
Next, cut the avocados into cubes.
To do so, slice the avocado lengthwise until your knife hits the pit. Remove the knife, and rotate both avocado halves clockwise to split. Remove the pit.
Then, using the tip of the knife, draw lines in the avocado flesh to form cubes – see picture below.
Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh from the avocado. It will form cubes of different sizes that you cut recut into smaller pieces on a chopping board if desired.
Add into the salad bowl.
Serving The Salad
Before serving the salad, toast pine nuts and prepare the salad dressing you love choosing one of the low-carb keto dressing recipes suggested below.
Toasting The Pine Nuts
Finally, toast the pine nuts in a frying pan with a drizzle of garlic olive oil or no oil at all, both options works. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until roasted and golden brown.
Stir in the hot pine nuts into the salad just before serving.
Finely chop herbs just before serving the salad. If you don’t like flat Italian parsley, you can use other fresh herbs that marry well with avocado and cucumber, like:
- Fresh mint
Serve the salad immediately with the dressing on the side.
Other Add-On Ingredients
Of course, you can play with flavors and add some more ingredients to this simple cucumber avocado salad recipe, including:
- Red onion – if you are on a strict keto diet, watching your carbs closely, don’t go overboard with red onion. They are on the high-carb side.
- Feta cheese
- Goat cheese
- Bacon bites
- Hard-Boiled Eggs – You can make my Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs for a quick and easy recipe.
- Jammy Eggs – Learn how to easily make Jammy Eggs.
You can store this gluten-free salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day. After that time, the avocado color and texture change.
It gets darker and bitter, so you can’t store this salad much longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Ahead My Cucumber Avocado Salad?
Yes, you can make this salad the day before.
But, if you are making this cucumber avocado salad ahead, store the chopped vegetables in an airtight container in the fridge, and don’t cut the avocados more than a few hours before serving for best taste and color.
Also, to prevent the avocados from browning too fast, you can squeeze some lemon juice on them.
Which Cucumbers To Use In The Salad?
You can use the three most common cucumber varieties to make cucumber salads, including:
- English cucumber – this variety is long, narrow, seedless, and perfect for cucumber salads.
- Persian cucumber – these cucumbers are smaller and a bit more expensive but taste great in salads.
- American cucumber – this variety often contains more seeds and can be bitter or watery. For salads, it is recommended to core American cucumbers to avoid a watery salad.
How Can I Serve This Salad?
This keto cucumber avocado salad recipe makes a delicious side dish for grilled meat or summer BBQ.
It’s also a delicious and fulfilling lunch served with a slice of toasted bread.
More Salad Recipes
If you love salad recipes as a light lunch or side dish, below are some other delicious healthy salad recipes to try:
Made this English cucumber avocado salad recipe? Share a comment or review below!
Did You Like This Recipe?
Cucumber Avocado Salad
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only.
The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized.
You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.