Flaxseed muffin in a mug – Single serve muffin ready in 5 minutes !
Are you sometimes craving a good bakery style muffin ? I do and I like to fix my food craving very quickly. That is how I created this simple flaxseed muffin in a mug recipe. It is a very healthy recipe made of few simple low carb ingredients. I baked my muffin in my microwave for a even faster result BUT you can bake yours in a regular oven if you like. It simply takes a bit longer that is why I recommend to cook yours in a mug in the microwave if you crave something sweet now!
So, this is what you need to make a delicious bakery style flaxseed muffin in a mug:
- Flaxseed meal – flaxseed is high in fiber and omega 3, plus it is very low carb so a great flour base to create healthy low carb muffins
- Coconut oil – you can use any vegetable oil in this recipe but coconut oil is an healthy oil full of anti fungal and antibacterial properties without saying that the flavor it adds is bomb!
- Vanilla extract
- Egg – don’t replace the egg in this recipe it won’t work ! Trust me I tried and there is no great egg free option for this recipe.
- Baking powder – or 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Sugar free crystal sweetener – my favorite sweetener is this one, it is a natural sugar free sweetener, a combo of erythritol and stevia
- Raspberries – optional, you can simply make the recipe without fruits or use blueberries, lemon zest or orange zest to add healthy low carb flavors
- Sugar free chocolate chips – optional you can replace this by any kind of chopped nuts like walnuts, almonds or pecan.
Watch the recipe video and make them now !
Grab n’ go 5 minute Muffin
YES! you can make those quick flaxseed muffin in a mug as a delicious on the go breakfast! My technique is pretty easy. I am adding a muffin paper cup into my mug. After it cool down for 2 minutes you can easily unmold your muffin, have it on the go !
Taste like bakery style muffin
It is a moist bakery style muffin filled with raspberries and melted sugar free chocolate chips. You won’t believe this recipe is sugar free contains only 3 g net carbs .It is a perfect post work out muffin loaded with 12g protein. This will keep you full until your next meal with no doubt!
Oven or microwave ?
I love to bake my flaxseed muffin into a mug in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. However, you can also use your oven, simply make sure you are using a oven proof ramekin or muffin tray. Bake your recipe at 180 C (350F) for about 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffin come out clean. You can also quadruple the recipe to make a larger batter and fill a 12 holes mini muffin tray to make small size flaxseed muffins for your week.
Flaxseed muffin in a mug
Optional ingredients- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Flax Muffin
- 2 tablespoon raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk egg, oil and vanilla together. Set aside.
- Stir in the dry ingredients: flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar free sweetener.
- Stir in the optional ingredients, raspberries and chocolate chips are my favorite.
- Transfer into a mug - mine was 2.5 inches height that is the minimum required to avoid the muffin to overflow.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Wait 1 minute before eating to avoid burning yourself.
Nutrition panel is for one flaxseed muffin in a mug without the optional ingredients.