Flaxseed Muffins in a Mug are delicious easy low-carb single-serve muffins cooked in 1 minute 30 seconds in your microwave. It’s healthy grain-free muffins made with coconut oil, eggs, flaxseed meal and flavored with a hint of vanilla, raspberries, and sugar-free chocolate chips.
Flaxseed muffin in a mug – Single-serve muffin ready in 5 minutes!
Are you sometimes craving a good bakery-style muffin? I do, and I like to fix my food craving very quickly.
That’s how I created this simple flaxseed muffin in a mug recipe. It’s a very healthy recipe made of a few simple low-carb ingredients.
I baked my muffin in my microwave for an even faster result, but you can bake yours in a regular oven if you like. It simply takes a bit longer. That’s why I recommend cooking yours in a mug in the microwave if you crave something sweet now!
So, this is what you need to make a delicious bakery-style flaxseed muffin in a mug:
- Flaxseed meal – flaxseed is high in fiber and omega 3. It’s also very low carb, so a great flour base to create healthy low-carb muffins.
- Coconut oil – you can use any vegetable oil in this recipe, but coconut oil is a healthy oil full of antifungal and antibacterial properties without saying that the flavor it adds is the best!
- Vanilla extract
- Egg – don’t replace the egg in this recipe. It won’t work! Trust me, I tried, and there’s no great egg-free option for this recipe.
- Baking powder – or 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- Sugar-free crystal sweetener – my favorite sweetener is this one. It’s a natural sugar-free sweetener, a combo of erythritol and stevia. Check out my review of keto-friendly sweeteners to learn more!
- Raspberries – optional. You can simply make the recipe without fruits or use blueberries, lemon zest, or orange zest to add healthy low-carb flavors.
- Sugar-free chocolate chips – optional you can replace this with any kind of chopped nuts like walnuts, almonds, or pecan.
Grab’n’go 5 minute flaxseed muffin in a mug!
Yes, you can make these quick flaxseed muffins in a mug as a delicious on-the-go breakfast! My technique is pretty easy. I am adding a muffin paper cup into my mug.
After it cools down for 2 minutes, you can easily unmold your muffin, have it on the go!
Are you new to Keto?
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
A flax muffin recipe that tastes like a bakery-style muffin!
It’s a moist bakery-style muffin filled with raspberries and melted sugar-free chocolate chips. You won’t believe this recipe is sugar-free and contains only 3 grams of net carbs.
It’s a perfect post-workout muffin loaded with 12 grams of protein. This will keep you full until your next meal without a doubt!
Oven or microwave?
I love to bake my flaxseed muffin into a mug in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. However, you can also use your oven. Simply make sure you are using an ovenproof ramekin or muffin tray.
Bake your recipe at 180C (350F) for about 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffin come out clean.
You can also quadruple the recipe to make a larger batter and fill a 12-hole mini muffin tray to make small size flaxseed muffins for your week.
More keto mug cake recipes
Mug cakes are the best keto snacks to fix your sweet tooth with taste while staying in ketosis. If you are not a big fan of flaxseed meal, you may love these other keto mug cake recipes using either almond flour or coconut flour.
- Keto lemon mug cake – an almond flour blueberry lemon mug cake.
- Low-carb cinnamon roll mug cake with almond flour.
- Keto chocolate mug cake with coconut flour.
Flaxseed Muffin in a Mug
My MacrosTo get yours, join Sweetashoney Members!
Optional ingredients- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Flax Muffin
- 2 tablespoons Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon Sugar-free Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, whisk egg, oil, and vanilla together. Set aside.
- Stir in the dry ingredients: flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar-free sweetener.
- Stir in the optional ingredients. Raspberries and chocolate chips are my favorite.
- Transfer into a mug - mine was 2.5 inches in height. That's the minimum required to prevent the muffin from overflowing.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Wait 1 minute before eating not to burn yourself.
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.