Eggless Vegan Keto Bread Loaf with Almond Flour
This vegan keto bread loaf is an almond flour bread without eggs. It tastes like real artisan bread, soft, chewy with a crunchy crust.
Plus, this keto vegan bread recipe has no eggs and contains only 3 grams of net carbs per slice, perfect for making delicious vegan paleo sandwiches!
What’s A Vegan Eggless Keto Bread?
I am so excited to share this vegan keto bread loaf recipe with you. Believe me or not, I am testing and eating all the easy keto recipes on this blog.
This bread creation has been the most challenging so far as I really wanted to create a keto vegan bread, meaning with no eggs or dairy.
I tested at least 10 low-carb vegan bread recipe options over the past 2 months until I finally came out with the perfect recipe.
So here you go, but first, let me answer some keto diet facts about psyllium husk, one of the main ingredients of this recipe.
Is Psyllium Husk Keto-friendly?
Psyllium husk, also known as whole psyllium husk is a dietary fiber that contains very few carbs since over 80% of the carbs in psyllium husk are fiber not absorbed by your intestine.
Because of this, psyllium husk is an excellent addition to your keto diet because it’s a no-carb food that adds fiber to your diet.
Fibers are an essential part of the low-carb keto diet to keep your gut healthy and your stomach full.
Read my Keto Flour Guide to learn how to choose the best flour for your keto diet!
Psyllium Husk, a Sugar-Free Fiber Supplement
Research on psyllium husk has shown that it lowers blood cholesterol and blood glucose levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
It makes psyllium husk a great sugar-free fiber supplement for people with diabetes.
Therefore, adding psyllium husk into your keto bread will help you stabilize your blood sugar level too.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe is perfect for making a delicious keto bread loaf, and it’s also:
- Only 15 Minutes of Prep
How To Make Vegan Keto Bread Loaf
So this is my secret blend of ingredients to make a delicious eggless paleo bread or vegan keto bread.
Please don’t swap or replace any flour, it’s an egg-free keto bread, and any change will impact the result of the recipe:
- Almond Flour – I used ultra-fine blanched almond flour. Don’t use unblanched flour. It would make the bread heavier, too dense. Almond flour is a great keto-friendly flour.
- Coconut Flour – make sure you are using fresh coconut flour with no lumps.
- Psyllium husk – use whole psyllium husk, not husk powder supplements that are loaded with artificial ingredients and generally contain less than 50% husk.
- Flaxseed Meal – use ground flaxseed meal. Feel free to use the gold flaxseed meal or dark flaxseed meal. The gold one creates a lighter bread color.
- Lukewarm Water – make sure the water is at around 100°F (40°C), it will activate the fiber of the flour faster, and the texture will come out lighter and softer.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – or any vinegar. This will activate the baking powder, don’t skip it.
- Baking Powder – that is the leavening ingredient. Don’t replace it.
Is Almond Flour Keto?
Yes, 10 times, yes! Almond Flour is probably the best keto-friendly flour!
It has only 10.6 grams of net carbs per 100g with 14.2 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein.
Compared with all-purpose flour with 90 grams of carbs and only 1.2 grams of fat, you realize that Almond Flour is the absolute ideal flour for a low-carb diet!
Making The Best Vegan Almond Flour Bread
Let’s face it. We all miss a good bread sandwich on the low-carb diet.
I have been fixing my sandwich cravings using my egg-free keto bread roll recipe for a while now, but I was really missing a sandwich with bread slices.
I am French, so I was used to eating ham sandwich bread my entire childhood.
This keto almond flour bread recipe has been the best so far. It really brings memories back, no guilt – as there are very few carbs – and so much flavor!
Serving Keto Vegan Bread
There are many ways to serve your vegan keto bread. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use these delicious slices.
- Cinnamon toast – toast the slices in the toaster, spread a tablespoon of butter, and sprinkle erythritol, cinnamon, and fresh keto fruits like raspberries.
- Jam toast – spread some homemade chia seed jam on top.
- French toast – use this bread as a base in my keto french toast recipe.
- Breakfast poached eggs – toast bread, add mashed avocado, grilled bacon, and poached eggs.
- Sandwich – add any cheese, keto vegetables, and cured meat for a delicious keto sandwich.
Texture And Taste
This simple eggless keto bread has everything you could expect from a bread loaf:
- A relatively dark outside brown color with a perfect crust that glows and shines.
- The crumb or the inside of the loaf is tender, not too tight, not dry at all, and has holes.
- It holds really well, the center doesn’t deflate, and you can easily slice it in thin slices like regular bread.
Tips For Making The Perfect Vegan Keto Bread
Low-carb vegan baking is a form of art! I have been a baking lover since I am a kid.
I have always been the one baking cakes for birthday parties from an early age. Since I am a low-carb baker, I can tell this is art.
It’s an art to play with low-carb flours and no eggs!
It’s not hard, though. Once you have the hang of it, it’s actually quite easy. It simply takes time to understand how these flours work.
They are loaded with fiber, so they absorb tons of liquid, but they need time for the magic to happen.
Low-Carb Baking Advice For Beginners
- Be patient – knead the dough for 2 minutes. It might seem long, but it’s what it takes to make the perfect keto bread loaf. Think of all the calories you are burning kneading that dough! Then, always set aside the dough for 10 minutes to let the fiber absorb the moisture.
- Shape it as playdoh – do you remember playing playdoh as a kid? It’s the same for low-carb dough. Shape it as you want to see it when baked. Low-carb baking loaves don’t expand much when baking. If you want your loaf like mine with a lovely top bun, don’t press/flatten the dough! Shape it with that lovely round top “belly”. It will slightly raise while baking but not as much, so if you flatten the top or press it firmly, your bread will end up dense and dry with no holes in the crumbs.
- Repeat – it takes time and practice. So don’t give up your creations will get more beautiful each time.
Storing Vegan Keto Bread Loaf
I recommend slicing the loaf before freezing them.
I usually get 16 slices from this recipe. Store your bread in the fridge in an airtight plastic box or airtight zip-lock bag.
You can also freeze your bread for up to 3 months. I like to freeze my bread slices in a zip-lock plastic bag and defrost my slice the day before on the bench.
I always toast my bread after it has been frozen. It is up to you! I hope you enjoy this new low-carb bread recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Use Psyllium Husk In Keto Recipes?
The best way to add psyllium husk to your keto diet is to use whole psyllium husk as a flour swap in keto baking recipes.
It adds a chewy bread-like texture to baked goods, and therefore, it’s an amazing ingredient in creating egg-less keto recipes like this vegan keto bread.
Don’t use Metamucil fiber supplements in keto recipes. It’s not the same product as whole psyllium husk fiber.
Metamucil is a husk powder that is not suitable for baking keto bread. It will turn food dry, purple, or blue.
More Keto Bread Recipes
If you enjoy low-carb bread, check out these other popular recipes, including the best keto bread:
If you have made it, don’t forget to share your creation and pictures on Instagram by tagging my page @sweetashoneyrecipes. I look at all your messages!
Vegan Keto Bread Loaf with No Eggs
Posted In:Clean EatingDairy freeEgg-FreeGluten freeKetoPaleoVeganVegetarianAlmond FlourCoconut FlourFlaxseed MealPsyllium HuskBakingDairy-FreeEgg-FreeGluten-FreeKetoLow-CarbPaleoVeganVegetarianBreakfastSide DishIntermediate
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.