These simple Keto Cauliflower Fritters are easy, gluten-free vegetable patties to have as a side dish to your lunch or dinner with only 1.3 grams of net carbs per serving!
These low-carb fritters are also paleo and dairy-free!
What are Cauliflower fritters?
Classic Cauliflower Fritters are typically made with eggs, flour, and, of course, cauliflower. They are then fried in olive oil.
However, such a recipe isn’t keto-friendly because all-purpose flour has many times more net carbs than one of the keto-friendly flours.
So, if you need a low-carb version of the Cauliflower Fritters, read my recipe below!
How to make Keto Cauliflower Fritters
It takes just a few minutes to make these fritters.
I love cauliflower because it’s a low-carb vegetable, and it’s loaded with fiber.
Are you new to Keto?
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
All you need to make these keto fritters are a few simple ingredients:
- Grated cauliflower – a perfectly keto-friendly vegetable. In fact, Cauliflower is often used to replace rice on a keto diet.
- Fresh herbs
- Grated Cheese – grated mozzarella works great and is a keto-friendly dairy product.
- Almond flour – or Gluten-free, low-carb breadcrumb.
- Spices – Cilantro, Garlic, and Chili, make the best combination, but feel free to try different mixes.
Preparing the fritter batter
Start by cutting the cauliflower into small florets, and process them in your food processor until they reach a rice-like size.
Add the eggs, almond flour, spices, and cheese. Combine all the ingredients to form your batter.
The texture of the batter is quite moist. I recommend squeezing a small portion in your hands to form 5 cm diameter cauliflower fritters.
Then place the keto cauliflower fritters on a plate covered with parchment paper and lightly press them with your hand to shape flat fritters.
Frying the keto fritters
You must fry them for at least 5 minutes on one side before flipping over for 3 more minutes on the other side.
I recommend using avocado oil, the best keto-friendly cooking oil for frying.
This batter makes about 16 fritters, so you can store any leftovers in a plastic box in the fridge and rewarm them in a frying pan – without oil this time.
How to eat the Keto Cauliflower Fritters?
But it’s also a great appetizer to serve with any keto-friendly dip.
You can also use them as a vegetarian filling for your sandwich – I made cauliflower vegetarian sliders with halloumi and cranberries with them – and put them in your lunch box.
Microwave them for a few minutes and eat them with raw veggies in a wrap or slider bun.
More keto side dish recipes
If you’ve enjoyed this simple Keto Cauliflower Fritter, I’m sure you’ll also love these recipes:
I hope you will enjoy this new simple recipe and if you give it a try, drop a comment! I love hearing from you.
Keto Cauliflower Fritters
My MacrosTo get yours, join Sweetashoney Members!
- 2 ½ cups Grated Cauliflower packed
- 2 large Eggs
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Chilli Flakes optional
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil avocado oil
- ½ cup Grated Mozzarella optional if paleo
- Cut the cauliflower florets of one small cauliflower head.
- Place the florets into a food processor with the S blade attachment.
- Process until it forms fine cauliflower rice.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups of packed grated cauliflower and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, almond flour, fresh herbs, salt and chili flakes, and grated cheese.
- Combine with a spatula until it forms a fritter batter that holds together.
- Use your hands to shape small fritters - you should make about 16 medium fritters with this recipe. The smaller and thinner they are, the faster they will fry. Make sure you squeeze the batter very well into your hands first to form a ball.
- Place the cauliflower ball onto a plate covered with parchment paper and flatten with your hand - about half cm thick, 5 cm diameter.
- In a frying pan, under medium heat, warm the vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the cauliflower fritters and cook for at least 3-5 minutes on one side before flipping them on the other side.
- Fry for 3 more minutes on the other side and remove them from the pan when perfectly fried.
- Cool down on a plate covered with absorbent paper to remove the excess oil.
- Repeat until all the fritters are cooked. You may have to adjust the oil level for the following fritter adding 1-2 tablespoons of extra vegetable oil.
- Serve hot with mashed avocado on top or as a vegetarian burger patty.
To save your own private notes on your favorite recipes, join Sweetashoney Members!
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.