This Keto Chocolate Mousse recipe is the best easy no-bake dessert to fix your sweet craving on a keto diet.
A creamy, fluffy keto chocolate cheesecake mousse made with 5 simple ingredients and ready in 15 minutes to fix all your chocolate cravings in no time with only 2.4 grams of net carbs per serving!
This recipe is for cheesecake lovers! It tastes like chocolate cheesecake filling but takes only 15 minutes to make and contains only 2.4 grams of net carbs per 1/3 cup. It’s fulfilling, full of fat and protein to keep your macros on track and enjoy a sweet treat.
Is chocolate mousse keto?
No, a classic chocolate mousse recipe is not keto-friendly because it contains added sugar. Sugar is, of course, not a keto-friendly sweetener, and therefore, you can’t eat a traditional chocolate mousse on a keto diet.
How to make a keto chocolate mousse?
There are many ways to make an easy keto chocolate mousse at home. You can make a chocolate avocado mousse to keep it dairy-free, or try this cream cheese chocolate mousse recipe!
5- Ingredient sugar-free chocolate mousse
All you need to make this light and fluffy mousse are:
- Softened cream cheese – take out from the fridge at least 30 -45 minutes before making the recipe. This softens the cream cheese block and makes it easier to beat until a creamy consistency.
- Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream – you will use some to beat cream cheese and the remaining amount to whip into whipped cream. Learn more about keto-friendly dairy products.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Powdered erythritol – or any keto powdered sweetener you love, like powdered erythritol or powdered allulose.
- Vanilla extract
- Salt – optional, but it brings out the chocolate flavor.
Beat cream cheese
First, in a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Beat on low speed at first, then increase to medium-high speed to form a creamy consistent batter
Are you new to Keto?
Receive my Keto Quick Start email series to learn all about the Keto diet and kick start your keto journey!
Add in powder ingredients
Stop the beater, add powdered erythritol, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt. Beat again at low speed at first to prevent the powders from bursting out of the mixing bowl.
Keep beating until the ingredients are well combined, and the mixture is thick. Then, set aside at room temperature while you whip the heavy cream.
Whip heavy cream
In another large clean bowl, preferably cold, add heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form. It takes about 1-2 minutes max to turn heavy cream into a fluffy whipped cream.
Don’t overbeat the cream, or it can become very dense and make the mousse less fluffy.
Fold in the whipped cream
Now, use a spatula to gently fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese chocolate mixture. The more gentle you fold in the whipped cream, the fluffier the mousse will be.
Transfer into single-serve containers
The best way to enjoy a fluffy and creamy chocolate mousse is to split the batch into small containers before refrigerating. Also, don’t pack the mousse in the container. Fill the container gently to add air and keep the mixture as light and fluffy as possible.
Refrigerate the mousse for 1 hour to enjoy the best flavor and texture of this cream cheese chocolate mousse keto recipe.
Can I freeze my keto chocolate mousse?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe two ways. First, into small ice cube trays and eat as a frozen fat bomb. Or into an airtight container, thaw the day before in the fridge, and enjoy as a keto dessert.
How does it taste?
This keto recipe for chocolate mousse is made with cream cheese and has a delicious cheesecake chocolate flavor.
The chocolate flavor is light, more like a milk chocolate mousse flavor that you can boost by adding keto chocolate chips on top.
Its texture is rich, creamy, not as light and fluffy as an egg-based chocolate mousse but still light and delicious.
How many carbs in keto chocolate mousse?
This keto chocolate mousse recipe serves about 4 cups. To serve one fulfilling serve as a keto dessert or keto snack, serve 1/3 cup of the recipe topped with some keto toppings below.
One serve will bring you 2.4 grams of net carbs, 190 kcal, and most of all 20 grams of fat to keep you in ketosis.
How to serve my chocolate mousse?
This keto chocolate mousse is delicious topped with some of the keto-friendly toppings below:
- a dollop of heavy whipped cream
- grated sugar-free chocolate or sugar-free chocolate chips
- sliced almonds
- chopped peanuts
- shredded coconut
Can I make it dairy-free?
You can use lactose-free cream cheese in this recipe, along with canned coconut cream. It won’t be fully dairy-free but a great lactose-free option if you have lactose intolerance.
Otherwise, try my chocolate avocado mousse recipe for 100% dairy-free keto mousse.
Can I increase the chocolate flavor?
This keto mousse has a light milk chocolate flavor. If you are a dark chocolate lover, you can add sugar-free melted dark chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
Melt 1/3 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips and beat in the cream cheese chocolate bowl before folding the whipped cream.
More keto dessert recipe
If you love chocolate, I have plenty of keto chocolate dessert recipes for you to try and fix your sweet tooth without raising your carbs. Below I listed my favorite keto desserts for you to try:
Made this keto chocolate mousse recipe with cream cheese? Share a comment or review below to connect with me!
Keto Chocolate Mousse
My MacrosTo get yours, join Sweetashoney Members!
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric beater until soft and consistent - about 1 minute.
- Stop beater, add powdered sweetener, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
- Beat again, starting on low speed to prevent the powder from bursting out of the bowl, then increase to medium/high speed until all the ingredients come together into a thick chocolate batter. Set aside at room temperature while making the whipped cream.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining heavy cream to another large, cold mixing bowl and whip until a stiff peak forms.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream into the chocolate batter using a spatula or spoon until fluffy and consistent.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse into glass containers and refrigerate for at least one hour to enjoy its best texture.
- Store up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Can be frozen into ice cube trays and eaten frozen as a fat bomb chocolate mousse or thaw in the fridge the day before serving as a dessert.
The recipes, instructions, and articles on this website should not be taken or used as medical advice. You must consult with your doctor before starting on a keto or low-carb diet. The nutritional data provided on Sweetashoney is to be used as indicative only. The nutrition data is calculated using WP Recipe Maker. Net Carbs is calculated by removing the fiber and some sweeteners from the total Carbohydrates. As an example, a recipe with 10 grams of Carbs per 100 grams that contains 3 grams of erythritol and 5 grams of fiber will have a net carbs content of 2 grams. Some sweeteners are excluded because they are not metabolized. You should always calculate the nutritional data yourself instead of relying on Sweetashoney's data. Sweetashoney and its recipes and articles are not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease. Sweetashoney cannot be liable for adverse reactions or any other outcome resulting from the use of recipes or advice found on the Website.